Job Posting Title
Vice President of Administrative Services
Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College)
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College ( SCC ) is a multi-campus,
urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from
William Land Park. The College has two educational centers, one in
Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one
in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library,
community center, and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and
learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening
students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (
HSI ) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific
Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded
educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards
Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees
for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State
University system. The College offers Career Education certificates
and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue
their education at a four-year college or university, and
instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second
language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus
community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community
College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values
excellence in academic achievement, and supports the success of
students as they pursue their dreams.
Under the general direction of the college President, the Vice
President of Administrative Services facilitates and promotes
effective support for student learning by providing appropriate
business management for the college. Primary duties include
preparing and administering the college budget in cooperation with
other Vice Presidents; coordinating with the District Office for
the purchasing of equipment, supplies, and properties for the
college; administering college classified personnel services;
overseeing the college buildings and facility maintenance program;
coordinating and implementing the district’s risk management
program and all programs related to health and safety of employees;
supervising and evaluating assigned staff; supporting the
Sacramento City College Foundation board; leading campus-wide
emergency response, and working cooperatively with the management
team and the district staff in all areas of responsibility.
The Vice President of Administrative Services will be expected to
provide leadership to the college in building and enhancing a
student success focus through addressing such key issues as
contributing to the refinement and adoption of a planning and
resource allocation strategy, promoting accountability assessment
and outcome measures, improving effectiveness of organizational
structures and processes, demonstrating systems thinking and use of
data in solving problems, implementing the college strategic master
plan, enhancing the college participatory decision-making
processes, supporting, and leading the college in continuously
meeting accreditation standards, and ensuring adequate resources
for accreditation purposes. The Vice President of Administrative
Services is a member of and works collaboratively with the
President’s Executive Staff, President’s Cabinet, the Senior
Leadership Team, and with the District and Vice President of
Administration ( VPA ) counterparts from our sister colleges, while
promoting a positive work environment, college effectiveness, and
The college and the Administrative Services Department maintain a
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the mission of a
comprehensive community college.
- Openness to new and innovative ideas.
- The importance of strategic planning and support for the
alignment of resources with the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of project planning and
coordination, continuous process improvement, and accountability
- Participatory leadership style with creativity and flexibility
in problem- solving.
- Commitment to diversity and sensitivity to the educational and
personal goals of equity-mindedness regarding the student body and
- Working collaboratively within the college and at the district
- Establishing mutually enriching relationships with other
internal and external constituencies.
- Participatory decision-making approach and the ability to lead
by creating an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
- Working with college leadership and Administrative Services
programs to support equity goals of the college.
- Managing and providing leadership for all operations and
business services of the college.
- Advising the President on matters pertaining to financial and
business activities of the college.
- Representing the college in business administration activities
that affect district-wide operations.
- Assisting in the development of policies, regulations, and
procedures that relate to the business area of responsibility and
other areas as assigned by the President.
- Coordinating the development and preparation of the college
budget by working with individuals responsible for budgetary units
and with the budget committee.
- Monitoring expenditures to ensure that budget limits are
maintained and ensuring the establishment of appropriate internal
- Adhering to operational and program guidelines.
- Providing written and oral reports to the college President,
management, constituency leaders, the college faculty and staff as
- Coordinating college police services in conjunction with the
Los Rios Community College District Chief of Police.
- Developing, coordinating and exercising college emergency
response capability including serving as the Director of the
College Emergency Operations Center ( EOC ) and familiarity with
SEMS and NIMS protocols.
- Representing the college on the district-wide Preparedness
Assessment Team ( PAT ).
- Overseeing college enterprise activities including the College
Bookstore, vending services, and contracted food services.
- Providing financial oversight and integrating profits and
expenses into college operations as appropriate.
- Overseeing a wide range of administrative services including
receiving, mail service, duplicating services, and
- Serving as the classified personnel officer in charge of
classified staffing, supervision, evaluation, and discipline
processes for the college.
- Proposing staff changes or additions, in cooperation with the
- Representing the college on the Reclassification Review
- Serving as the college administrator for classified collective
- Coordinating the college building, capital construction,
facilities and grounds program in conjunction with lead college
staff and District Office representatives.
- Coordinating and implementing the District’s risk management
program and all programs related to the safety of employees and
- Implementing environmental compliance programs.
- Serving as the college Safety Officer.
- Monitoring and implementing projects to meet Americans with
Disabilities Act ( ADA ) requirements.
- Assisting in the development of partnerships with external
- Serving on assigned college and district-wide committees.
- Overseeing Foundation accounting as it relates to the campus
trust fund accounts-sundry and scholarship funds.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus
Total Hrs per Week/Day
- Have a master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance,
Business Management or related field AND three years of
administrative experience; OR, a bachelor’s degree in
Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field
AND a Certified Public Accountant’s license AND three
years of administrative experience; OR, a bachelor’s degree
in Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related
field AND five years of progressively responsible management
experience in the areas of responsibility related to this position.
All degrees must be from an accredited institution completed by
January 1, 2024 .
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty
discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for
faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty
and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be
found at the
California Community Colleges
website then “Minimum
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete
- A Los Rios Community College District Application
- Letter of Interest
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Only information (education, experience, etc.) listed on the
application will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide official transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as official transcripts.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from
AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
$184,113.67 - $199,290.56 per year LRCCD
Additional Salary Information
Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited
Posting Detail Information
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-Time, Classified Management Position
on (or about) January 1, 2024
How and where to apply
Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on
how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with
any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112
during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check and proof of identity and
eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of
work. Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment and Certificate of
Completion must be obtained within 15 days from the start of
employment. The District may select additional qualified candidates
should unexpected vacancies or needs occur. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited institution must be submitted within 60 days of
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID
-19 protocol, please visit COVID -19
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates
selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for
partial reimbursement of travel expenses. For candidate travel
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict
of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required
within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position.
Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions
of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * If hired, can you provide proof that you are eligible to work
in the United State?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I certify that the information
provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my
knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements
contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted),
and I release from liability all persons and organizations
furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements,
omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my
application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be
cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been
convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you
are required to complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions
for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been
dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008).
If needed copy and paste the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- Asian Pacific Islander Legacy - Los Rios Employee Group
- Before The Movie - Movie Theater Advertisement
- Black Faculty & Staff Association - Los Rios Employee
- California Community College Registry
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Jobs (communitycollegejobs.com)
- Comunidad - Los Rios Employee Group
- DiversityJobs (diversityjobs.com)
- d'primeramano.net Magazine
- EdCareers Portal (Standford)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- HigherEdJobs (higheredjobs.com)
- Job Fair
- Los Rios Human Resource Invite
- Los Rios Job Site
- Native American Collaborative - Los Rios Employee Group
- Sacramento Asian Chanmber of Commerce
- Sacramento Black Chanmber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- Spectrum LGBTQIA+ - Los Rios Employee Group
- THE Hub Magazine (Sac Culture Hub)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime
- Employee Request for Transfer Form