Part time test proctor will provide exam proctoring for students in
need of make-up exams due to illness, accommodations, and other
Evenings- Monday-Thursday 7:00-9:30pm through the Academic Year
Read and understand the faculty members’ exam instructions. Provide
a quiet and distraction-free environment. Answer questions as
permitted. Clarify instructions with sending faculty as
Before the exam
During the exam
- Read and understand the faculty instructions to meet individual
test-takers’ needs and requirements.
- Clarify which equipment/devices are necessary or allowed.
- Proctors who administer exams to students with disabilities
should also become familiar with students' specific accommodations
and, for exams with extended time, understand how to time each
section. These requirements will be communicated by faculty members
- Retrieve and transport all testing instructions, exams, and
response booklets to the exam room.
After the exam
- Admit and seat students.
- Distribute testing materials.
- Supervise the testing room.
- Supply pens, pencils, calculators (when appropriate), extra
paper (as necessary).
- Walk around the room to ensure students are working on the
correct exam section (if applicable).
- Guard against attempts at cheating.
- Keep the room attended at all times.
- Ensure that the proper seating distance is maintained between
- Collect and account for all exam materials and return to the
locked storage area at end of each shift.
- Ensure that students do not take exam materials from the exam
- Ensure that the storage location and testing room are locked
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College coursework preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work both independently
and as part of a team.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor, and exhibit restraint at all times, even in
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 3 years).
- COVID Vaccine Policy: Phillips Exeter Academy requires all
community members without a medical or religious exemption to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with
COVID-19 vaccine boosters.