The Master Electrician performs skilled tasks of the Electrical
trade in the routine upkeep of buildings and equipment. This
position must be available for on-call duty.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs, as required,
building electrical equipment and fixtures consistent with
manufacturer's guidelines, design parameters, and accepted
- Installs electrical fixtures including but not limited to
services, conduit, panels, motor starters, control panels, and
other equipment and fixtures as required.
- Inspects, operates, maintains troubleshoots, installs, and
repairs building electrical equipment, fixtures, and components
(including 208v and 480v, single and three phase systems) in
accordance with generally accepted practices, codes, and
- Maintains, makes operational repairs, and performs preventative
maintenance tasks for residential and commercial-type electrical
equipment and fixtures which includes fire/security alarm systems,
generators, and elevators.
- Operates and keeps in good working order a variety of equipment
including hand and power tools, mobile electronic devices,
measuring/diagnostic/testing meters, and instruments.
- Reads and interprets complex blueprints, sketches, schematics,
and wiring diagrams.
- Provides work order documentation, as required;
- Coordinates with other trades, as required, to ensure
multi-trade projects are completed efficiently and completely;
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Maintains a positive customer service orientation and
- Cooperates with other university employees and related
contractors to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Other duties as assigned and within capability
- Guiding and supervising other electricians
- Must be available 24/7 for after-hour call-ins.
- Maintain a safe working environment by following all company
rules and OSHA safety standards
- Commuting between job locations and responsible for completing
assigned work orders and tasks.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions, and
We offer a generous benefits package for full-time
- Retirement Plan (403b) with 7.5% company match after one year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid vacation time plus 18 paid holidays
- Wellness programs
- Tuition benefit for yourself and eligible dependents
- Professional Development
- Free gym Access
: Gannon University seeks
excellence through inclusiveness and invites women and members of
underrepresented groups to apply. A review of applications will
begin immediately, and this position will remain open until filled.
Gannon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Five years of continuous electrical maintenance and
- Working knowledge of International Electric Code
- Knowledge of medium/low voltage switchgear and associated
- Fully knowledgeable with all building power supply and
distribution systems. Able to provide specifications, estimates,
and bill of materials for all electrical equipment installation and
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints,
drawings, sketches, and diagrams;
- Basic Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Outlook skills.
- Must have the ability to follow both verbal and written
directions in English; the ability to interact with students,
faculty, administration, and staff in a professional and positive
manner, as well as the ability to read and understand NFPA and ICC
codes and OSHA guidelines, such as Material Safety Data Sheets,
equipment safety data plates, fuel/chemical flash points, etc.
- Trade school or electrical apprenticeship graduate
- Master Electrician license for the City of Erie
- Ten years recent full-time continuous experience in electrical
work at the journeyman level (or above) in an institutional
(university or hospital) setting;
- Experience operating and inspecting switchgear, generators, and
: Must be able to support and
promote the University’s Mission, Catholic identity, and strong
liberal arts foundation that supports our exemplary professional
Physical Plant, Maintenance
Finance and Campus Operations
To apply, visit https://gannon.peopleadmin.com/postings/11156