Director, Executive MBA Program
The University of Utah David Eccles School of Business is searching
for a dynamic and hands-on leader to fill the role of Executive MBA
Director. This individual will play a crucial role in the growth
and expansion of our top-20 nationally-ranked program. This
position is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of
the Executive MBA program, including strategic planning, program
coordination, and ensuring student and stakeholder satisfaction.
The Director will collaborate closely with faculty, staff, and
industry professionals to ensure the program's success.
- Serve as a visible leader for the EMBA program, both internally
and externally, and act as an advocate for the program in the local
and national community by engaging with companies and
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the Executive MBA
program, aligning with the institution’s overall goals and
objectives. This includes driving program rankings, student
satisfaction, and net promotor score.
- Coordinate program activities, such as student recruitment,
curriculum development, and corporate outreach, focusing on
providing exceptional customer service.
- Collaborate with faculty to ensure the program’s curriculum
remains up-to-date and relevant to the needs of executive-level
- Implement strategic recruiting practices, initiatives, and
programs to attract high-quality applicants. Oversee the admissions
process, including application review, interviews, and admissions
- Provide guidance and support to students throughout their
program, including academic advising and career counseling.
- Foster relationships with industry professionals and
organizations to enhance networking, implement program
improvements, and promote the program’s reputation.
- Monitor program performance and recommend improvements based on
student feedback and industry trends.
- Manage program budget and resources, ensuring efficient use of
funds and adherence to financial guidelines.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in
executive education to ensure the program remains competitive and
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to promote
the program and enhance its reputation.
- Supervise program staff and oversee all associated
**This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work employees perform within this
classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care
Administration or related area, or equivalency (one year of
education can be substituted for two years of related work
experience); eight years of progressively more responsible
management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations
and effective communications skills required.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care
Administration or related area preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the
essential functions of the job as outlined in the position
- Applicants must be willing to work on alternating Saturdays to
attend all class days.
- Preferred qualifications include a Master’s degree in Business
Administration or a related area. Applicants with an MBA degree
from the David Eccles School of Business will receive top
- The ideal candidate will have a high-level sales background or
leadership roles in a business setting. Excellent interpersonal
skills are essential due to the job’s significant recruiting and
public relations components. An extensive network of contacts, both
inside and outside of Utah, is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to
work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to attract, motivate, and retain a committed team with
business development and ongoing customer satisfaction
responsibilities. The candidate should be capable of developing and
adjusting strategies, building budgets, collaborating with
university and external teams, and managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional environment utilizing a
customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, project management, and
communication skills. The candidate should be able to think
strategically, manage through influence, and effectively manage
- An understanding of the current business landscape, including
Full Time or Part Time?
Work Schedule Summary:
Monday through Friday, with
alternating Saturdays required to recruit and support student class
days and occasional evenings for recruiting eventsThis job is
considered “essential.” Therefore, it is required that the employee
be on campus, in person.
00033 - Executive Education
Pay Rate Range:
Commensurate with experience
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/153001