Click to view a detailed Prospectus outlining this opportunity
The Labovitz School of Business and Economics (LSBE) at the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) invites applications for a full-time, 9-month, tenure track faculty position in the area of Marketing at the Instructor/Assistant Professor levels beginning Fall 2024. The individual hired for this position will have responsibilities in teaching, research, and service. The individual will teach undergraduate and graduate core and elective courses in areas which could include Marketing Strategy, Sports Marketing, Advanced Selling, Online Marketing, and Supply Chain Management. Currently, the teaching load is five sections (15 credits) per academic year for research-active faculty. Typically, classes in LSBE are held in person. The individual is also required to create knowledge in the area of Marketing by publishing refereed articles in recognized marketing journals. The individual will be responsible for advising undergraduate students and working with a student organization, and is expected to engage in service activities with colleagues, the department, school, campus, community, and professional organizations. We are a place-based institution and expect faculty to be present on campus and engage in person in the life of the school.
- Applicants must be ABD (with their doctoral dissertation defended by December 1, 2024), or have a doctoral degree from a school/college accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, or AMBA with a curricular emphasis in the field of Marketing, or a closely related field. The applicant must have completed a minimum of two years in residency during their program.
- Applicants must have experience as an instructor or teaching assistant of at least one university-level course.
- Effective communication skills.
- Applicants must exhibit abilities, skills, and enthusiasm consistent with teaching excellence and instructional innovation in the area of Marketing.
- Strong evidence of potential for scholarship is essential. Applicants must demonstrate empirical research skills appropriate for, and a commitment to developing a research stream in the field of Marketing.
- Applicants must be qualified as a Scholarly Academic (SA) according to LSBE’s faculty qualification categories: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbNhdtIcaSZdmaeTlW8DnjcnnFJ7Hlu9/view
- Completed Ph.D. in Marketing from a school/college accredited by AACSB or EQUIS.
- Experience teaching Marketing courses at the college level to a diverse group of students.
- Full-time industry work experience.
- Published in peer-reviewed journals in the Marketing area.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill service responsibilities to students, colleagues, the department, school, campus, community, and professional organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of teaching methods in a classroom.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online. To apply for this position, go to https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/357637 and follow the HOW TO APPLY instructions. Required documents must be uploaded as PDF (not Microsoft Word) formatted attachments in the employment system to fully complete an application. Incomplete applications with missing required documents (i.e., 1, 2, 3, and 4) may not be reviewed.
- Current Resume/curriculum vitae [follow prompt for additional attachments after Resume section],
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest,
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial is sufficient at this stage),
- A statement describing what you have done to support a diverse community,
- Teaching evaluations completed by students when available.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the United States at the University of Minnesota-Duluth by the start date. Final candidates may be asked to provide additional information. The Screening Committee will begin its review of complete applications on October 8, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
Dr. Matthew Lunde, Chair-Screening Committee
Department of Marketing, Labovitz School of Business and Economics
335 LSBE, 1318 Kirby Drive
Duluth, MN 55812
Phone: 218-726-7757; Fax: 218-726-7516
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
Smoking, chewing tobacco, and the use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited on all UMD property, including indoor facilities, campus grounds, and University vehicles.
If you have started receiving retirement annuity payments from the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) or Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) your eligibility for this position may be impacted. Please contact UM Benefits at 1-800-756-2363 for any eligibility limitations.
We welcome and encourage individuals from underrepresented groups and US military veterans to apply.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
© 2023 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.