SOMA - Assistant Professor, Clinical Faculty (1.0 FTE)
Mesa, AZ 85206, USAMesa, AZ 85206, USA
A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
is seeking applications for full-time exempt Clinical Faculty at
the Assistant Professor level on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This
position will create and provide osteopathic medical student years
I-IV educational content that integrates foundational, clinical,
and osteopathic sciences in a variety of online and live
presentations, which includes podcasts, small group case-based
facilitation, and clinical laboratory sessions integrating
osteopathic principles and practice, medical skills, and
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Faculty will contribute to ATSU-SOMA in the areas of educating
students in years 1-4, scholarly activity, diversity, equity and
inclusion, and service to the University and community. Faculty
will be assessed annually on the basis of educational
effectiveness, professionalism, adaptability, commitment,
dependability, and innovation/vision.
- Attend to regular communications as it relates to all position
- Provide objective input on a diversity of perspectives.
- Skillfully use feedback for continued innovation and
- Preparation of demonstrations, presentations, small group
discussions, and the selection of suggested and required reading
from various sources, and coordinating these educational
tools/resources with other faculty members;
- Prepare evaluation/assessment tools that will aid in the
evaluation of students' work product and help to identify students
that are discovered to be challenged in various areas;
- Attend meetings approved by school that require advancement of
- Must be able to take direction and receive assignments from the
Assistant Dean of Innovation and Curricular Integration.
- Serve as a CBIQ group facilitator on as needed basis;
- Create NBOME board-style examination items for presented
- Serve on at least 2 major ATSU-SOMA committees (ex: Admissions,
Diversity Committee, Student Performance, and Curriculum).
- Active participation in faculty development.
- If desired and approved, may use half-day per week for activity
related to patient care in an alternate clinical setting of
candidate's choice while providing shadowing opportunities for
- Interview ATSU-SOMA candidates for admission.
- Perform student advising/academic coaching functions.
- Participate in research and/or scholarly activity as deemed
appropriate by the Department Chair.
- Other functions supporting the department and its contribution
to the mission and vision of ATSU-SOMA.
- DO/MD degree, Specialty Board Certification, Active Arizona
State Medical License.
- Patient interaction and examination skills. Covered by degree,
licensure, and certification.
- Skill requirements are covered under family medicine, other
primary care specialty board certification.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, emailing, and public
- Enthusiasm for education.
- Collaborative growth mindset.
- Professional behavior.
- Compassion, patience, and approachability.
- The successful applicant will have demonstrated success
promoting a culturally rich environment that values and appreciates
- The applicant should have a common understanding of bias, what
it means to be culturally proficient, and demonstrated success at
- The applicant should have familiarity with the principles and
practice of osteopathic medicine.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
Doctorate or better.
Licenses & Certifications
AZ MD Medicine License
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=429d86bb-7966-4e87-876f-35de1c2c4def