MOSDOH - Director Specialty Care Unit, Pediatric
St Louis, MO 63104, USASt Louis, MO 63104, USA
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral
Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking a full-time Pediatric Dentistry
Specialist/Specialty Care Unit Director at the St. Louis Clinic.
This position reports to the Vice Dean, Clinical Operations,
Clinical Education & Community Partnerships. This position is
responsible for managing and mentoring MOSDOH students to assure
attainment of clinical competency, teaching students the
fundamentals of pediatric dentistry, and assuring provision of high
quality pediatric services to patients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Mentoring and evaluating students in pediatric dentistry
procedures on patients.
- Establish procedures for pediatrics, in conjunction with the
Specialty Care Unit Director.
- Communicate with the Specialty Care Unit Director as to the
educational goals, essential experiences and competencies for
- Complete administrative reports as directed.
- Assure clinical competency for students in pediatrics.
- Supervise pediatric residents/fellows as needed.
- Provide indirect supervision of dental assistant(s) and provide
performance review evaluations to the Dental Clinic Manager.
- Provide didactic and laboratory instruction to pre-clinical
students in Kirksville and D3 and D4 students in St. Louis.
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed.
- Track student progress toward attainment of clinical competency
and communicate progress & deficiencies on a periodic basis to
the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinic Education &
- Assurance of patient and students safety and report any
deficiencies to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinical
Education & Community Partnerships.
- Participate in calibration activities, to include semi-annual
- Participate in ATSU/MOSDOH committee activities.
- Potential for intermittent on-call and other outreach
activities after hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DDS or DMD required.
- Specialty certification in Pediatric Dentistry required.
- At least two years of experience in a dental teaching
- At least two years of experience in the practice of Pediatric
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to be self directed and take
- Must be highly skilled in Pedriatic Dentistry.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
Doctorate or better in Dental Medicine, DMD.
Doctorate or better in Dental Surgery, DDS.
Dental teaching experience
Licenses & Certifications
MO Dental License
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=666e2841-6cea-439d-bb4a-4d94533bc4fa