Director, Capital Projects
Rhode Island College
Rhode Island College invites applicants for the position of Director, Capital Projects. This is a full-time, calendar year, continuing position.
The individual will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and overseeing all Rhode Island College capital projects and management of the Capital Projects Office. Assist the Assistant Vice President in the administrative review of the budgetary and strategic implications of projects
Rhode Island College is a regional comprehensive public college that serves approximately 6,400 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students through its five schools: the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the Feinstein School of Education and Human Development, the School of Business, the School of Nursing and the School of Social Work. Established in 1854, we are Rhode Island’s first public institution of higher education. The college is located on a beautiful 180-acre suburban campus in the vibrant city of Providence, and has satellite locations at the Rhode Island Nursing Education Center in Providence’s Innovation District and the Rhode Island College Workforce Development Hub in Central Falls, RI. We are known throughout the Northeast for high-quality academic programs, small class sizes, personalized, hands-on learning experiences, world-class faculty, and high value compared to other four-year institutions. The Capital Projects department is responsible for the planning, design and construction of all major capital projects on campus, as well as many facilities improvements throughout campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a directly related position; two years of which have been in a supervisory or management role
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and architectural drawings and documents.
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Ability to interpret institution policies, plans, objectives, rules, and regulations and prepare and present detailed studies and repots to include recommendation
- Master’s degree
- Industry certifications or licenses such as Project Management Professional PMP, LEED Green Associate, Professional Engineer, Licensed Architect, or other related.
- Experience managing large capital projects ($25 million or greater)
Application deadline: 9/29/2023
Proposed starting salary: $125,000-$135,000
For a full job description, which includes additional responsibilities and requirements for the position and application procedures, see https://employment.ric.edu/. Candidates must apply on-line, using Rhode Island College’s PeopleAdmin Applicant Tracking system.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution that values and is committed to inclusion and expanding the diversity of its faculty and staff, the College invites members of protected classes, including minorities and persons with disabilities, to identify themselves as such at the time of application.