Job Description Summary:
The Director of Investments and Treasury Services (“Director”) reports to the Associate Treasurer of Miami University/Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) of the Miami University Foundation (“Foundation”), working closely with the chair of the Investment Committee (“IC”) of the Foundation. The Director is expected to attend all IC meetings and to provide reports, analysis, and counsel as required by the IC, the CFO, and the Foundation president. The Director will have additional responsibilities in the areas of Foundation enterprise risk management, planned giving, cash management, treasury, post issuance bond compliance, financial and regulatory filings, and communications as directed by the CFO. The Director is expected to develop an integrated understanding of the investment, financial, operational, and governance structure, and related responsibilities, policies, processes, and procedures, such that the Director can assist effectively in managing the investment-related and certain other financial-related operations of the Foundation and University. The Director will coordinate communication across multiple parties, including acting as the daily liaison among the Committee, the Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (“OCIO”), the custodian, and the CFO. In addition, the Director will develop, analyze, and research issues related to investment performance and treasury management as directed.
1. Investments: Serves as primary day-to-day liaison with the Miami University Foundation Investment Committee and Miami University Investment Sub-Committee, accountable for driving the smooth functioning of the Committees, setting agendas, coordinating communication and input across all relevant parties, compiling minutes, and ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, charters, laws, and other governance responsibilities. Serves as primary day-to-day liaison with the OCIO and master custodian for the Pooled Investment Fund, Non-endowment Fund, and Student Managed Fund. Monitors trust & gift annuities/planned giving service provider and Retirement Plan Advisory Committee. Creates and presents regular and ad hoc analysis and reports to management and board committees.
2. Treasury Services: Analyzes, reports, assists, and supports University Associate Treasurer on treasury related activity, including operating cash management, debt issuance, post-issuance debt compliance and documentation, and investment compliance reporting. Supports CFO on Foundation related financial activity.
3. Enterprise Risk Management: Oversees Foundation enterprise risk management framework and monitoring of risk mitigation. Provides third party financial service provider due diligence and monitoring.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of seven years investment related experience
• Strong knowledge of investment, portfolio management, and risk management concepts
• Fluency with electronic spreadsheets, and a background in statistical analysis techniques
• Excellent analytical abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to organize a diverse workload, work independently, and complete work accurately and within deadlines.
• Master’s Degree in business administration (MBA), finance, or economics and/or participation in investment and/or treasury related professional certification program (e.g., CFA, CTP, etc.)
• Direct experience with investment analysis and portfolio construction for an endowment or in investment consulting
• Experience in internal financial and/or treasury related experience
• Understanding of Non-Profit Endowment and Foundation financial and governance management
• Experience with tax-exempt debt issuance