The Financial Aid Counselor provides financial aid counseling to
all students and parents as well as serves as the point of contact
for students with unusual circumstances where decision discretion
needs to be exercised. Responsible for management of financial aid
processing. Some evenings may be necessary to assist with financial
aid presentations. Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of
learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to
excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Completing Return of Title IV process including end of semester
unofficial withdrawal report.
- Processing verifications and corrections through Banner.
- Assisting with Course out of Program evaluations.
- Updating Federal Aid based on ISIR comparison report.
- Serving as committee for SAP and PJ Appeals.
- Responsible for managing Federal Work-Study Program to include
reconciliation, posting jobs, career fairs, supervisor orientations
and creating and maintaining Work-study manual.
- Processing scholarships, maintaining loans, and certifying
- Award, monitor, report and reconcile State Programs.
- Assist with all backend processing of financial aid
- Providing office assistance and backup coverage for phone,
emails, virtual, chat and walk in customers.
- Maintaining Financial Aid procedures folder.
- Assist in facilitating on and off campus workshops.
- Preform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Demonstrated knowledge of Banner or comparable software.
- Proficient in using COD, NSLDS and FAAAccess.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite.
- Financial aid experience in day-to-day operations of federal,
state and local programs.
- Knowledge of awarding and disbursing financial aid.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three years of financial aid student experience.
- Two years of Banner experience preferred.