Temporary Group Water Fitness Instructor
About the Opportunity
Under direct supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Water
Fitness Instructor provides water aerobics instruction, monitors,
educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and
enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
- Teaches scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time;
provides adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching, and cool
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains
proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different
muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive
exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Keeps management informed of pool activities, facility
needs, and significant problems
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that
department and facility policies are adhered to.
- related duties as required.
Documents to Submit:
- Certified Instructor (AEA, ACE, AFAA), water
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, Kinesiology and training
- Knowledge of water aerobics teaching strategies and the
incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Choreography and music skills.
- Ability to be professional and motivate class
- Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification, CPR/First Aid,
Resume and Certifications
The expected hiring rate for this position is approximately USD
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work
experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit
eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid
time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as
well as commuting & transportation. Visit
for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Oakland-CA/Temporary-Group-Water-Fitness-Instructor_R107864