Director of PGA Golf Management / Lecturer
Professional Golf Management
PFAC - Slotted Faculty
Full or Part Time
Does this position require driving?
The Director of the PGM Program provides leadership and strategic
direction for the program and its faculty, staff, and students. The
Director is responsible for a broad range of strategic and
operational activities to include:
Serving as the primary liaison to the PGA and the PGA Golf
Management University Program.
Overseeing the daily operation of the PGM program and its
facilities and equipment.
Managing a team of faculty and staff, including their hiring,
development, and evaluation.
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan for the PGM
- Preparing and maintaining the PGM program budget.
- Collaborating with college and university marketing units to
market and promote the PGM program.
- Overseeing student recruitment and orientation activities.
- Facilitating scholarship distribution.
- Building external relationships by engaging with community
partners and supporting advancement and alumni outreach
- Developing and implementing PGM program policies and procedures
that comply with college, university, and PGA policies and
- Monitoring student performance, providing student support, and
addressing academic and non-academic issues according to
- Reporting annually on the PGM program’s activities and
- Ensuring that all accreditation requirements and documentation
set forth by the PGA of America are monitored, maintained, and
The Director is a faculty member at the lecturer rank in the Wall
College of Business. The teaching requirements will typically
include two courses per semester in the PGM curriculum.
- A Master’s degree in Business or related field of study from an
accredited program. Advanced relevant experience in the golf
industry which is significant in level, scope, and duration may
substitute for academic experience at the discretion of the
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in the golf
- PGA Class A Professional Member in good standing
- Knowledge of PGA policies and procedures and PGA Golf
Management University programs
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
- Leadership experience within the PGA of America or PGA Section
leadership experience is preferred.
Leadership experience within the PGA of America or PGA Section
leadership experience is preferred. Superior networking skills with
contacts in the golf industry is desired for sourcing and placement
of internships and employment. Classroom teaching experience is
Licensure and/or Certification
PGA Class A Professional Member in good standing
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of PGA policies and procedures and PGA Golf Management
· Excellent interpersonal communication and organization
· Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
Additional comments regarding this position
All Applications must be submitted through the PGA of
America application system at:
- The application deadline is September 22nd,
2023. Review of applications will begin immediately
and continue until the position is filled. Priority will be given
to applications received by September 22, 2023.)
- Combine your cover letter, resume, references (or CV) into one
(1) PDF file.
- Please use the following file naming convention: “Last
Name, First Name, Coastal Carolina University – PGA Professional
Golf Management Program Director”
- All Documents Should Be Addressed to – Erika Engel Small
Analytical and Problem Solving, Confidentiality, Customer Contact,
Detailed Work, Multiple Concurrent Tasks, Reading (documents or
instruments), Training, Verbal Communication, Written
Additional Mental Demands
Physical Demands (Elements Exposed To)
None of these Listed
Additional Physical Demands
Please Select Any and All Equipment Needed to Perform the
Computer and Peripheral Equipment, Copier, Scanner, Telephone
List Any and All Additional Equipment Needed to Perform the
Golf clubs and peripheral equipment.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested candidates should electronically submit their documents
PGA application system at:
Candidates should submit:
- Letter of Intent (Cover Letter)
- Names and contact information for three professional
Advancing Candidates will need to submit the following to the
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
Greg Stenzel, PGA and Mike Mueller, PGA, are the lead Career
Consultants for this opportunity. For additional information and
questions, please contact them directly. Email: email@example.com
Quicklink for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required DocumentsOptional Documents
- Cover Letter / Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference List
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3