Student Support, Enrollment, and Retention Specialist: ADN,
- Job Title:Student Support, Enrollment, and Retention
- 100 N EAST AVE
- WAUKESHA, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Administrative Staff
- Job Category:Student Affairs, Staff
Carroll University is seeking an innovative, energetic, and
collaborative individual for the position of Student Support
Specialist (SSS)in the Associate Degree Nursing program at
St Augustine Preparatory Academy.
In partnership with the
St Augustine Preparatory Academy, Carroll University provides a
community-based approach to healthcare education. The SSS provides
personal, professional, and academic support services to students
enrolled in the Associate Degree in Nursing program. This position
also facilitates communication between community members and
Carroll University, developing a clear pathway for underserved
students into the nursing profession. This is a 12-month
appointment, housed at St. Augustine Preparatory Academy.
- Build rapport with students in the program through ongoing
communication (in person, by phone and/or online).
- Coordinates all components and planned activities and services
designed to increase the retention, matriculation, and ultimately
the graduation of ADN students.
- Provides high touch support and serves as main contact and
resource with a focus on advising, mentoring, and connecting ADN
students to resources that will assist with their academic, social,
and personal well-being.
- Assesses and collaborates on the development of an Individual
Learning Plan for ADN students and regularly monitors progress
towards goal completion
- Maintains a continuous focus on the ADN student experience and
student success from initial enrollment through graduation.
- Proactively collaborates with university-wide departments,
faculty, tutors, and academic support staff to advocate, identify,
and meet the academic needs of ADN Students
- Facilitates workshops in multi-modalities on a range of topics
related to academic success skills, financial literacy, career
development, and goal setting
- Provides outreach, information sessions and transition support
for partner schools and organizations
- Maintain project records and statistics related to students
enrolled in the Associate Degree in Nursing Program.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of the Associate Degree
Nursing Program and other staff involved in pre-college programs at
Associate degree required.
Bachelor's degree preferred. A minimum of two years' experience
working with high school or college students required. Experience
in developing an integrated college preparatory program desired.
Prior experience in academic advising and/or student success
preferred. Bilingual ability and/or evidence of working with
Hispanic/Latinx communities experience is preferred.
Founded in 1846, Carroll
University is an independent, co-educational comprehensive
university grounded in the liberal arts tradition. The Pioneer Core
general education curriculum has a strong emphasis on developing
intercultural awareness and includes cross-cultural immersion
experiences. Carroll University is in suburban Waukesha, 16 miles
west of Milwaukee and 60 miles east of Madison. The University
serves approximately 3521 students. The University though
intentionally ecumenical and non- sectarian in approach, is related
to the Presbyterian Church, USA. Candidates must be willing and
able to support and advance the University
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=621038093
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Adobe and able to learn
additional software applications
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the