Current Dallas College employees will need to log into Workday
through My Apps to apply. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday
search bar to view open positions and submit your
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified
Closing Date. To view the job posting closing date please return to
the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to
submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You
will be able to access and complete the application through “My
Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Weekly Work Hours
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
The Outreach specialist position for Dallas College will be
responsible for CCL related activities, for actively identifying
and recruiting all potential eligible students to Dallas College,
and providing support for these students during the intake,
eligibility, and enrollment process. This position will be required
to be at and travel to various locations depending on the needed
outreach & recruitment activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess oral and written communication skills to deal
effectively with a wide variety of individuals from diverse
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Knowledge of Microsoft platforms (Outlook 365, word, excel,
- Represent Dallas College with prospective, former, and current
students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Uphold Dallas College mission statement.
- Represents Dallas College-Career Connected Learning at high
schools, job/transfer fairs, financial aid nights, community
agencies and youth programs, alternative high schools, after school
programs, businesses on and off campus special events.
- Form part of the support team for mobile enrollment and
- Develop and maintain working relationships with essential
contacts both in the community and around campus for the purpose of
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of programs, including
requirements, basic understanding of curriculum, policies,
procedures, student and faculty accomplishments and general
knowledge of Dallas College.
- Maintain and document needed updates or questions from
community, partners, or students communicate to them during
- Assist Project Lead – Student Experience in updates to the
- Marketing material
- Outreach event calendar maintenance
- DC/CCL-WRU website landing page information
- Online forms
- Social media groups and pages management.
- Outreach efforts data management and analysis
- Conduct ongoing outreach and support to prospective, new and
returning students in person, via email, mail, telephone and other
current communication/media means.
- Travel within Dallas County to service area schools and
community entities to recruit students.
- Assist prospective and enrolled students in identifying and
clarifying career and educational goals.
- Help students to understand what to expect in the enrollment
process, including participation and collaboration in orientation
or information sessions.
- Assist students in understanding their needs for being
successful in college and in connecting to the best resources of
the college and community for fulfilling those needs.
- Assists with departmental and faculty initiatives.
Position requires frequent travel to various area high schools,
organizations. Must be able to perform physical activities such as
but not limited to, lifting equipment or promo item boxes (up to 50
lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities
performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a
declaration of the total of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position.
Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other
than those specifically presented in this description. Position
requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that
provides education and employment opportunities without
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans
with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
- Must possess a valid (class C) Texas driver’s license. (This
position requires the use of a personal vehicle while conducting
- Experience engaging in community college and/or K-12 settings
with community agencies is preferred.
- Experience engaging with underrepresented populations is
September 21, 2023