Leads the development and implementation of marketing plans and
campaigns for the University of Houston (UH) working closely with
the leadership of the Division to create an effective and efficient
marketing strategy focused on brand awareness and growing the
reputation of the University.
- Collaborates to uncover insights and strategies to develop and
implement marketing and branding strategies internally and
- Understands key marketing performance metrics and tracking
tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analysis,
campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results
into actionable insights.
- Oversees the production of all materials used in traditional
and online advertising and communications.
- Oversees the creative services team including graphic design,
photography, and video production.
- Oversees projects for Marketing, administers budget and
resources, and ensures UH policies and procedures are consistently
- Provides senior leadership to University Marketing staff.
- Ensures the marketing team supports other administrative teams,
including online marketing and user experience, web, mobile app,
brand management, licensing, trademarks, academic communications,
and media relations.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors and 7 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related
Additional Posting Information:
Notes to Applicant:
- Extremely strong strategic planning and organizational skills
evidenced by a proven track record of developing and implementing
effective marketing strategies in organizations of significant size
- Keen understanding of marketing principles, analytics, market
segmentation, target marketing strategies, tactical execution,
brand equity development and planning
- Experience with quantitative analysis and research
- Experience directing graphic design and video production
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience supervising large teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, energized and quickly changing
- Personal style that is positive, enthusiastic, transparent, and
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Full of curiosity
- Delight in helping others achieve their best work
- Higher education experience prefered.
Salary commensurate with experience.