Exam Accommodation Coordinator
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) at James Madison University (JMU) is seeking a talented, motivated person to coordinate the department’s exams and notes accommodations program.
The Exam Accommodations Coordinator will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation of the department’s database examination and notes accommodations modules. The coordinator’s responsibilities will encompass data collection, report generation, and the creation of email templates to facilitate effective communication with faculty and staff.
Department Database Duties
1) Data Collection and Management:
- Collect, organize, and maintain accurate and up-to-date data related to student accommodations, examination preferences, and notes requirements.
- Regularly review data entries for accuracy and completeness, making necessary updates as required.
2) Report Generation:
- Generate detailed reports and summaries based on collected data for internal and external purposes.
- Utilize database software and reporting tools to analyze data trends and identify patterns.
- Prepare reports on accommodation utilization, examination preferences, and notes distribution to assist in decision-making processes.
3) Exam/Notes Accommodation Modules Oversight:
- Monitor the department’s accommodations modules within the database system, ensuring that accommodations are correctly applied to student profiles.
- Address any discrepancies or issues related to accommodations promptly, working closely with students, faculty, and staff to find suitable solutions.
4) Communication and Collaboration:
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to gather information about upcoming exams and assessment schedules, ensuring that accommodation needs are met.
- Create and maintain standardized email templates for communicating with faculty, staff, and students regarding accommodation-related matters.
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, and staff regarding accommodation processes, procedures, and timelines.
5) Process Improvement:
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of the database examination and accommodations modules, identifying areas for improvement and suggesting enhancements.
6) Training and Support:
- Assist in training new staff members on the proper use of the accommodations module and database system.
- Provide guidance to faculty, staff, and students on accessing and utilizing the accommodations module effectively
- Supervise and lead team of part-time accommodations assistants to support proctoring to ensure effective accommodations and academic integrity in two proctoring rooms in accord with applicable university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide coordination between faculty, the Accessible Media (AcMe) team and JMU IT resources in order to successfully implement technology needs such as assistive technology, Canvas, etc. setup for the proctoring rooms and configuration of electronic or online exams.
- Support program development including review and implementation of policies and procedures for the exam and notes accommodations services
- Provide additional support and back up to the assistant director with the Housing Accommodations Committee.
- Other duties as assigned in support of departmental activities related to the missions of JMU, Student Affairs, and ODS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Mac OS and basic computer troubleshooting skills
- Possess effective data entry and data management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to provide supervision, guidance, and training to student staff members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to present a calm, non-anxious and welcoming yet authoritative manner while making determinations related to enforcing rules and restrictions or providing reasonable exceptions
- Experience working with data management systems, demonstrating the ability to organize, maintain, and extract insights from complex datasets.
- Knowledge of JMU processes and systems (or ability to learn systems and process quickly)
- Familiarity with higher education testing and assessment protocols
- Knowledge of and experience working with students with disabilities and faculty at the college level
To apply go to https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/15330 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number S3345. Pay Range: $35,880 - $39,558.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.