Manager of Student and Credential Services
The Manager of Student and Credential Services position serves a
critical function in supporting students and helping ensure their
success. To do this, this person oversees The Hive, Benerd
College's One-stop Shop for student support services. The Manager
oversees all processes related to student support, including
serving as students' first point of contact regarding classes,
registration, schedules, etc.; overseeing the credentialing office
staff; developing and implementing student support processes and
procedures; managing student records, serving as a point of contact
for the CCTC. The Manager also provides direct support to the
Assistant Dean of Teacher Education and to the teacher education
Program Lead. The Manager of Student and Credential Services will
be located on the Stockton campus. The position reports to the
Assistant Dean of Teacher Education.
- Serves as first point of contact for students and faculty.
- Communicates with students regarding registration, books, class
- Schedules events and handles event logistics (i.e.,
recruitment, outreach, etc.).
- Manages the HIVE staff
- Plans and coordinates new student orientation weekends for
Teacher Education master’s programs.
- Serves as liaison between Program Lead and HIVE staff
(residencies, scheduling, classrooms, etc.).
- Collaborates with members of the HIVE on credentialing, student
experience, policy/ procedures, and systems.
- Supports undergraduate, degree completion, and masters
- Collaborates with the Assistant Dean to help market
- Collaborates with the Program Lead and Assistant Dean on
- Conducts program evaluation for continuous improvement.
- Provides technical skills to manage electronic records, learn
various university systems, and engage in extensive use of MS
- Serves as a proactive problem solver.
- Uses strong written and oral communication skills.
- Is able to work with diverse backgrounds.
- Provide a strong enrollment pipeline/student success.
- Coordinates admission processing, in collaboration with
- Coordinates marketing and recruitment efforts with Benerd’s
- Monitors student applications.
- Communicates with prospective students on Program Leads or Asst
Dean’s behalf, as necessary.
- Ensures new students are registered for courses as they enter
programs and work with students to troubleshoot any problems.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- Bachelor’s Degree - ideally in sociology, education, liberal
arts, or humanities.
- Two (2) years of successful program coordinator/manager
- Two (2) years of successful positive customer service
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate processes, policies and
practices to improve customer experience.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address various needs of
diverse populations. Experience with community outreach and
- Experience with program evaluation for continuous improvement
such as Banner, Argos, OnBase, Salesforce, and other university
- Experience with Pacific’s systems, processes, and
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist
motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional
standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching.
Frequent verbal and written communication. Occasional lifting up to
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Most work performed during standard business hours; however,
rotating evening and weekend coverage is required, given the nature
of Benerd’s programs for working professionals. Requires some
occasional presence on the Sacramento Campus, as credential
programs expand to that campus. Also, requires occasional travel to
meetings and workshops.
$64,480 - $65,880 per year. We consider
factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of
the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well
as market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26410
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical