User Services Support Manager
User Services & Technologies
Associate Vice President Digital Learning & Campus
The User Services Support Manager will provide on-site technology
support to the NJIT faculty, staff, and students and also be
responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for the User
Services group. The position leads and coordinates the work of a
team of User Services Support Specialists and student employees. As
both a manager and a technology generalist, the position has a
strong understanding of the university's IT service portfolio and
builds a team focused on transforming the user experience through
maximizing the user's ability to leverage relevant IT services
while minimizing their frustrations. The position works closely
with students, faculty and staff at all levels of the university
including senior administration; is expected to exhibit a high
level of creative problem-solving ability.
The position acts as the champion for end-point technology and user
support; ensures the team's work is fully documented in the
university's ITSM suite; develops and maintains relevant reporting
and metrics to ensure quality, user satisfaction, and timeliness of
the work performed; takes the lead on all projects assigned to the
team and manages them throughout their lifecycle to satisfactory
completion; works closely with students, faculty and staff at all
levels of the university including senior administration;
collaborates with colleagues throughout the IST Division;
implements the IST Division's strategic vision for IT user services
following ITIL-based IT service management best practices.
The User Services Support Manager will also provide leadership in
the management of important projects such as remote desktop support
and computer deployments for faculty and staff. This position will
ensure that tasks meet service level agreements for the team and
delegate tasks as necessary.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of IT
services covering end-point device support and user services,
primarily via service request and incidents (SR/I). This includes
technical assistance, analysis, and consulting, as well as
end-point device software and hardware installation, maintenance,
support, repair, and renewal.
- Deliver highly-specialized technical support for user-facing IT
services, primarily via the service request fulfillment and
incident management processes. This includes technical assistance,
root-cause analysis, outreach and consulting, software and hardware
installation, maintenance, support, repair, and renewal.
- Resolve Level II and Level III Service Desk issues by assisting,
consulting, and providing outreach to students, faculty, and staff.
Delegate tasks to colleagues and student employees as needed.
- Supervises a warranty self-maintainer repair center on behalf of
vendor partners for applicable institutional and student end-point
device purchases. Must obtain and maintain required certifications
from vendor partners.
- Manage and delegate daily workloads and task assignments of the
User Services team.
- Develop processes and procedures for handling support
- Lead the hiring student employees and provide ongoing
- Manage the deployment of the faculty and staff computer
- Work on long range planning for support of university hardware
and software support. Plan for changes and innovations in the
- Provide up-to-date documentation and submission of knowledge
articles on user services topics.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as needed, including
readiness to support after hours and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, Computer Science, or
related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years' experience in an information technology role in the
support of computing environments with two years of management
- 7+ years' experience in the set-up, configuration, usage,
operation, and basic troubleshooting and repair of personal
computing devices (e.g. Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and
- 5+ years' experience with the building and deployment of
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service and
able to support senior executives in high pressure
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose general purpose IT problems and
develop creative solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience
prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate
to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of
education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for
success in the position.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Current A+ certification.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Management experience.
- Expertise in the support and deployment of virtual
- Experience working with Dell and Lenovo computers.
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and
inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly
encourages applications from individuals with disabilities,
minorities, veterans, and women.
As a Minority Serving Institution and Asian-American and Native
American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, diversity is a core
value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity,
inclusion, and belonging, part of everything we do. We celebrate
the diversity of our university community and recognize the
cultural and personal differences each member of the community
brings to NJIT. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture
that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students.
Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJIT’s
continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and
a leading polytechnic university.
To apply, visit https://njit.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/5460?c=njit