The Office of Marketing and Communications encompasses all areas of marketing and brand promotions. The Vice President of Marketing and Communications at Marymount University leads a team of two managers and a staff of three in planning and implementing a strategic, integrated marketing approach across all University marketing initiatives, programs, and activities. The Vice President role integrates, in alignment with enrollment goals, the areas of marketing communications, public relations, creative strategy, events, brand management, and identifying key opportunities to further enhance University marketing efforts. Specific responsibilities include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads marketing strategy, planning, and project management to achieve University’s strategic priorities, including all enrollment marketing efforts.
- Oversees University communications, including earned media engagement with local and national press, the production and distribution of press-releases related to topics of University wide interest, and the management of crisis communications
- Collaborates with University stakeholders to develop and implement unique marketing plan that will include strategies tailored to Marymount’s enrollment goals.
- Manages all Marketing and Communications team members and day-to-day operations related to marketing strategy development, planning, and project management.
- Leverages key partnerships to support marketing plans, communicate messaging, drive growth, and engage constituents. Works closely with enrollment management team and third-party vendors that provide marketing support.
OTHER DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
- Coordinates and monitors all of the University’s search engine optimization efforts to ensure greater efficiency for organic searches.
- Oversees website design, updates, and support functions to improve marketing efforts.
- Creates and manages standardized marketing and communications processes, including operating procedures and quality assurance.
- Oversees integrated marketing communication to internal stakeholders that include Enrollment Management, Academic Affairs, Advancement, etc.
- Implements yearly flight plan, working closely with vendors in support of University’s branding initiatives.
- Develops and manages the annual marketing operating plan, capturing program expenses and ROI with a performance-based budget.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive, long-term, and proactive organization-wide communications, marketing, and branding strategy consistent with the University’s strategic goals.
- Maintains deep understanding of marketing trends, uses a research-based approach to identify key messages and audiences, and shares Marymount’s story by creating a consistent, unified message in support of the University brand.
- Serves as the University’s brand manager with the responsibility of positioning Marymount in the higher education market, nationally and internationally. Determines target audiences and maintains desired reputation by working closely with enrollment management stakeholders.
- Serves as an active member of the Cabinet, reporting directly to the President, and is responsible for collaborating with organizational leadership on the University’s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Responsible for coordinating and executing all ads including digital, social media, TV, and radio.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or communications
- 6-8 years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or public relations with an emphasis on digital marketing
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience in higher education desired
- Hands-on expertise in marketing databases and CRM tools; specific experience with Slate is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, and familiarity with Google Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of existing and emerging digital marketing practices used in marketing and communications related to websites, social media, branding, and other communications tools and platforms used to meet institutional objectives
- Knowledge of emerging best practices, issues, trends, and opportunities in higher education at the state and national levels, particularly related to enrollment
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Strong written communications skills
- Ability to generate innovative ideas and think creatively
- Experience in creative direction, specifically with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in PR/communications campaigns or efforts
- Experience in creative development and marketing strategy for enrollment/recruitment efforts
- Team player who operates well in a dynamic, ‘all hands on deck’ environment
- Skilled at organizing and managing multiple tasks on tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, priority-setting, and decision-making skills
- Strong commitment to the University’s mission
- Positive, resourceful, and flexible
Marymount University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Marymount University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected bases under applicable federal and local laws and regulations in any of its programs or its activities, including employment and admission. The university also expressly prohibits any form of sex discrimination and sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, dating and domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, sexual exploitation and stalking in any of its programs or activities, including employment and admission. For more information, please visit: https://marymount.edu/student-life/health-wellness/title-ix-2/