Home Org Name
Development HR Employment
Senior VP, Advancement
Director of cAUse Marketing & Solicitation
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
The Auburn University Office of Advancement is excited to begin
the search for a Director of cAUse Marketing & Solicitation
The Director of cAUse Marketing & Solicitation Strategy
enhances production by embracing a strategic work culture that
identifies specific audiences and builds custom solicitation
strategies to connect targeted audiences with Auburn. The Director
provides strategic leadership and mentorship to their team and
collaborates across all areas of Auburn Advancement and Auburn
University. Assesses data to create solicitation strategies to
increase and enhance fundraising initiatives, develops project
management plans, and generates strategic initiatives, programs,
and functions that model an innovative spirit for the Advancement
division while driving investment and affinity from stakeholders.
Responsible for the pipeline of engaged alumni, parents, friends
and constituents, and moving prospects towards invested ownership,
to energize the purpose of Auburn University.
Why do YOU want to work for Auburn University Advancement?
- Discover your “ Pinnacle Career Experience!”
- Collaborative team dedicated to achieving excellence and
supporting the Auburn mission
- Beautiful on-campus workspace!
- Purposeful work that will make a positive impact and enhance
the student experience at Auburn University!
Auburn was named by Forbes Magazine as one of
the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an
average of ten years! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous
employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting
It’s a Lifestyle:
The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right
out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel,
perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and
driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the
exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area
boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re
proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning
restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town.
You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains
in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or
Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If
you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s
time to come home!
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to
learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion
- Responsible for conceptualizing and implementing all facets of
cAUse marketing’s giving program to include annual goal setting,
fundraising strategy, monthly performance monitoring and reporting,
volunteer and staff management, and goal achievement in raising
undesignated and designated current-use gifts.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an approach to increase
giving around donor interests and passions, connecting them to an
Auburn charitable cause of choice. Implements strategies through
strategic target market mailings, technology including e-mail,
mobile, and online channels to reach and acquire gifts from alumni,
parents, and friends to make gifts at increasing levels.
- Assesses data to create solicitation strategies to increase and
enhance fundraising initiatives.
- Identifies leading practices and taps into innovation for the
creation of strategies to maximize performance of multi-channel
solicitation campaigns and giving days. Increases gift revenue
while broadening the base of support through data analytics and
creative campaigns managed in close collaboration with the
Advancement Marketing team and campus partners.
- Responsible for implementing the strategic direction,
monitoring performance, and providing cohesion across income
generation teams including students, calling programs, and campus
- Develops and maintains strong solicitation, engagement, and
stewardship approaches for key constituencies. Collaborates with
Advancement teams including data insights, donor relations, major
gift fundraising, finance, and others to achieve a cohesive and
comprehensive set of solicitation business processes.
- Collaborates with key colleagues to enhance and maintains the
Tiger Giving Officer program (gifts of $1,000-$25,000) to move
annual giving donors into relationship-based fundraising
- Analyzes, monitors, and reports cAUse marketing progress to
senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications,
Marketing or related field.
7 years of experience in marketing, sales, or fundraising, to
include managing or developing fundraising programs, or creating
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Knowledge of best practices in fundraising and nonprofit
- Strong understanding of how to tailor solicitation requests to
the interests of the prospect.
- Knowledge of latest trends and best practices in solicitation
strategy in relation to fundraising, event marketing, and donor
- Solid understanding of fundraising practices.
- Proven leadership skills around driving revenue and providing
cohesion across multiple fundraising teams, to meet/exceed their
- Expert level understanding of technical tools and necessary
systems to oversee day-to-day operations.
- Strong working knowledge of the broad philanthropic landscape,
prospect research methodology, best practices, and evolving trends
in philanthropy highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing, and
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
Must be able and willing to work some weekends, evenings, and to
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration,
Communications, Marketing, or a related field?
- * Do you have 7 years of experience in marketing, sales, or
fundraising to include managing or developing fundraising programs,
or creating donor strategies?