Job Vacancy Announcement
Lab Assistant, Nursing and Allied Health
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for all phases of laboratory preparations including
preparing and organizing equipment, materials and supplies for the
Nursing and Allied Health laboratories. Prepares laboratory
materials, supplies, and equipment in advance of need and supports
the Nursing and Allied Health laboratory courses as directed.
Tracks inventory, follows all safety protocols and completes other
duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Three years of job-related experience
- Knowledge of Nursing and Allied Health professions
- Ability to demonstrate proper laboratory safety techniques and
ensure that good laboratory practices are being followed.
- Ability to operate computer using various software
- Ability to safely move equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with students,
faculty, staff, and administrators
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
- Proven interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and
customer service skills
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process. A
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Prepares, organizes and sets up laboratory materials, supplies
and equipment in accordance with the laboratory schedule and
- Assists with maintaining clean linen supply.
- Prepares for delivery and pickup of supplies, equipment and
- Reports broken equipment in need of repair or replacement.
- Reports lab maintenance issues.
- Receives, stocks and record supplies, materials,
- Organizes and restocks the laboratories.
- Assists with updating and maintaining the inventory of
laboratory equipment and supplies in the department inventory
- Follows all laboratory safety protocols, including cleaning of
equipment and securing hazardous waste.
- Communicates regularly with the supervisor, staff, and
instructors to ensure laboratory sessions are proceeding according
to the syllabus.
- Observes the College’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of lab and office related equipment, such as,
but not limited to a, hospital bed, exam table, EKG machine, IV
pumps/accessories, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. Significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions.
Is Background Check Required?
- Able to lift, bend, and stoop.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
; you will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school Diploma or an equivalent
State/Local education or certification?
- * Do you have three years of job related and/or
- * Do you now or in the future require visa sponsorship to
continue working in the United States? As required by the 1986
Immigration Act, candidates must present acceptable documentation
showing that they are a U.S. Citizen or a resident authorized to
work in the U.S.
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter