NSU is seeking an innovative and forward-thinking administrator to serve as an Assistant/Associate Vice (AVP) President to provide executive level leadership for the university’s institutional research, assessment, analytics, planning, and policy functions. Additionally, the AVP will oversee functions related to business intelligence, data centralization, data and research compliance, as well coordinating responses to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. This position will be a pivotal leader in developing a strategy for institutional effectiveness, strategic planning, clarifying priorities, evaluating the current state of the university, and setting the future course for enhancement/improvement. The assistant vice president will be dedicated to equity-minded assessment practices that contribute to the University’s mission and commitment to enhancing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. The (AVP) will cultivate and supervise a team of professionals who are tasked with the daily support, management and implementation of assessment and institutional effectiveness activities.
· In conjunction with other university administrators, lead the university’s strategic planning process and assess progress towards strategic goals and priorities
· Oversee assessment efforts for non-academic related functions and units
· Provide broad oversight of institutional research, data mining, data analyses, reporting, data narratives, and data-visualization
· Promote and integrate systems and platforms for institutional research, assessment, and policy
· Support planning efforts regarding resource allocation
· Work with various administrators to promote NSU’s imminence using data and information
· Other duties as assigned
· Earned master’s degree from an accredited institution
· At least seven to ten years of progressively responsible academic and/or administrative experience in higher education or other organizational setting.
· Experience in the assessment of programs, departments, and operations in an organizational setting.
· Demonstrated exemplary leadership experience in administrative positions within a university or organizational setting
· Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so.
· Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the institution and among internal and external NSU stakeholders, with attention to shared governance.
· Demonstrated ability to present information in a way that is accessible, clear, succinct, and innovative to all university constituents.
· Earned doctorate or other terminal degree from an accredited institution.
· Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible management and/or leadership experience in Institutional Effectiveness or Research Offices.
· Five (5) or more years’ experience managing or implementing strategic college-wide, operational, or departmental planning programs and initiatives at a college or university.
· Five or more years working with SQL, and Tableau or related data analytics software for managing complex data sets related to higher education.
Five (5) or more years’ experience presenting complex data to a wide variety of audiences, such as college leadership, faculty, staff, students, and the external community.