Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Adjunct Faculty, Associate Degree Nursing (ADN)
Job Description Summary:
Responsible to prepare and deliver Professional Nursing
Department-Associate Degree Nursing coursework in engaging,
innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a
commitment to success equity, respect for individuality, an
understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of
the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in
accordance with college policies and procedures.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and teach courses in the field of Professional
Nursing Program to a diverse student population based on the
department's approved course learning outcomes, utilizing a variety
of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of community
college students and the standards of the discipline.
- Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback
reflecting program learning outcomes and departmental
- Provide teaching and mentoring services to students in a manner
which does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or other
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Department
Chair, Dean, and/or Associate Vice Chancellor, Vice Chancellor,
Executive Vice Chancellor.
- Mastery Skills Checkoff's
- Skills Lab Participation
Principal Professional Standards
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, online
resources, and other technologies for the classroom. Demonstrated
proficiency using an online learning management system such as
Blackboard to develop and build course content and perform
administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, etc.)
Required Work Experience (Workforce Programs)
- Meet deadlines for attendance certification and submission of
final course grades.
- Maintain regular office hours to assist students and improve
student retention and success.
- Recognize and reflect standards of civility and collegiality in
- Comply with published college policies and procedures and meet
professional standards for teaching in a community college.
- Appropriate use of the college's learning management
- A minimum of three years of nursing experience.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
- Current unencumbered RN license in the State of Texas.
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- A commitment to establishing and maintaining positive working
relationships with students, colleagues, and staff representing
diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Dynamic, non traditional instructional delivery methods to
teach students widely varying levels of proficiency and from
diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Appropriate and up-to-date knowledge of the discipline and
- Experience using technology as an instructional aide were
appropriate to enhance learning.
- Documented experience with active and applied learning
methodologies to support clinical practice.
- A strong commitment to teaching at a community college setting,
including teaching practices that reflect an understanding of the
multicultural expectations in the clinical environment and the
benefits of a cultural awareness sensitivity in the workspace.
- Commitment to a diverse workforce
- Commitment to the comprehensive mission of Austin Community
College it to the principles and practices associated with servant
- Ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide
range of skills of backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with very
diverse groups from the community as well as students staff faculty
- Strength of communication media, both verbal and written, as
well as listening.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to
maintain an established schedule, including evenings and weekends,
including possible multiple campus locations that may vary by
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of student
- Understanding of what it means to teach in a community college
environment that serves often under prepared and underrepresented
- Understanding of systems of inequity in recognition of the role
of the community college faculty and promoting equity, equality,
- Other: see commitment to equity and inclusion in.
Upload the following documents to your application
- Unofficial/copy of transcripts
- Updated curriculum Vitae (C.V.) Or Résumé
- Cover letter – Explaining interest in the position
Request official electronic transcripts to be sent
directly from the institution to email@example.com
. It's official electronic
transcripts are not an option, or hard copy can be mailed to the
Austin Community College – HLC
Attention: E. M. Breedlove, Employment Manager
6101 Highland campus Drive, B LDG. 3000, Suite 3.2224, Austin,
Photocopies of transcripts or transcripts stamped "issued to
student" are not accepted .
Number of Openings:
- Work is routinely performed in an clinical/hospital/rehab or
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Job Posting Close Date:
January 31, 2024 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday