This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Library Science - up to 3 positions to be
Commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Education
Dept of Library Science and Technology
Refer Applicants To
Dr. Holly Weimar
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to: (1)
Teaching graduate courses in all areas of Library Science,
including the following areas of school librarianship: technology,
cataloging, reference, collection development, research, school
library programming and school library administration; (2)
Supervising graduate level students. Experience in teaching courses
online is a plus. Candidates will be expected to utilize technology
as related to the field and work with traditional and
non-traditional student populations.
Lecturer – Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to
four courses per semester depending on the needs of the academic
department and is based upon student demand. *All courses are
Educational Requirements for the Position
Ph.D. degree in Library Science or Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Educational
Technology, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership or a
related education field and a master in Library Science.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching in required field is preferred. Candidates should have
potential for excellent teaching. Appropriate PK-12 teaching and
school library experience is required.
Other Requirements for the Position
This posting is for Spring 2024 semester.
Special Instructions Summary
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'SHSU Employee'
please indicate employee's name and department.
(Open Ended Question)
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research & Goals
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3