DePauw University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please go to
University Profile for more information about DePauw.
This position is responsible for providing a safe and clean
environment for students, employees and campus visitors. The areas
of focus are maintaining interior building cleanliness in building
common areas, restrooms, offices, classrooms and other campus
spaces. This position interacts with members of the campus
community on a daily basis.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Daily trash and recycling removal from campus buildings
- Daily cleaning of restrooms and public spaces
- Daily locking and unlocking of buildings and spaces
- Daily sweeping, dusting, mopping and general cleaning of
multiple floors, walls and surfaces
- Occasional removal and application of floor waxes and
- Occasional washing of windows, both interior and exterior
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning
activities in a way that makes the most of the learning
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of
different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from
campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences
related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity,
religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee, student and campus visitors' safety.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- One (1) year experience in custodial services or equivalent
front line customer service experience.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to read, listen to and comprehend simple instructions,
short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write and communicate simple correspondence.
- Excellent oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Google, and
- Ability to learn and effectively use ADP time keeping
- Valid United States driver's license preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively within leadership, other
Facility Service Providers, and client audiences.
- Ability to produce a quality work product in a prompt, safe and
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work without supervision and shifting work
priorities; deal appropriately with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Willingness to seek out and work with peers to determine and
apply best practices.
- Must be willing to work as a team member in a broader
institutional setting to achieve divisional goals and
- Possesses a commitment to the values associated with a
nationally respected, liberal arts educational environment.
- Attend training sessions and/or seminars to maintain or enhance
skills that may be required for the successful operation of
- Must be able to be flexible when urgent requests arise.
- Other duties as assigned.