Responsible for the overall organization, coaching, instruction,
supervision, and administration of an NCAA Division III Women's
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend conference scheduling meetings as requested by the
Director of Athletics.
- Instructing student-athletes in the rules, fundamentals, and
team concepts of women's lacrosse.
- Planning, organizing, and coaching student-athletes in practice
and contest situations.
- Practice and game preparation
- Recruit talented and qualified student-athletes with the rules
and principles of the NCAA and University and engage in retention
- Monitor and promote exceptional academic progress of team
- Hire, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Comply with all NCAA, Conference, Department, and University
policies, rules, and regulations.
- Exhibit the highest degree of Good Sportsmanship and
Professionalism, at all times.
- Engage in fundraising and Alumni relations
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
- Work closely with internal support personnel to include
Athletic Trainers, Director of Athletics Communications, Office
Coordinator, Compliance Officer, and Game Management Supervisor in
the performance of their duties.
- Perform other related administrative duties as assigned by the
Director of Athletics.
- Attend department meetings, designated events, and Admissions
- Must adhere to all NCAA/NEWMAC/Salve Regina University rules
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged
with being knowledgeable of, and assuring and monitoring compliance
by all student-athletes, staff and assistant coaches with
applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies,
interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and
appropriate athletic conference. Staff members shall immediately
advise the Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that
violations have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in
any investigation of possible NCAA or Conference violations.
- Valid Driver's License in good standing.
- Current CPR, AED, and First-Aid certifications.
Incumbent is subject to both inside and outside work and could
encounter extreme weather conditions.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years coaching and related
administrative experience required.
- The successful candidate will possess highly developed
organizational skills, efficiency in computer usage and a high
degree of self-motivation and dedication to all aspects of the
- Must promote and foster an environment that is supportive of
individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must embrace diversity in all forms by actively promoting a
culture of inclusiveness and striving for justice in your actions
as a reflection of Salve's mission and the Critical Concerns of the
Sisters of Mercy.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years related work experience.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
employees including (waiting periods apply):
- health, dental and vision coverage available on the first of
the month following date of hire
- 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA with employee and employer
contributions as well as access to advising services
- long-term disability coverage
- employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- up to 100% free tuition at Salve for eligible employees and
- robust wellness program and free access to the on-campus
Other available benefits include:
- supplemental life insurance for employees and dependents
- supplemental insurance coverage through Aflac
- Tuition Exchange scholarship program. Application available for
qualified dependents of eligible employees working full-time
- discounted pet insurance through ASPCA
- student loan forgiveness assistance program (SAVI)
- discounted auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual
- employee Assistance Program through Coastline EAP
- flexible spending health and dependent care accounts
- health savings accounts
- 529 collegebound saver program
For more detailed information on Salve's benefits, visit https://salve.edu/human-resources/benefits
Salve Regina University strives to cultivate belonging values
through diversity, equity inclusion in order to foster a welcoming
culture for our staff, faculty and students, as well as the wider
community. Salve Regina University embraces all people with grace.
No matter the path traveled to get here, the University
acknowledges that many identities will intersect. Salve Regina
belongs to all in its community.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.