The Mobile and Web Application Analyst is primarily responsible for
supporting and administering mobile and web applications. The
Analyst will support technical configurations, changes, resolve
user issues and work with vendors to ensure the performance and
reliability of the applications (i.e. purchased vendor solutions
and internally developed solutions).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Provide technical support on vendor and custom-built
- Research, design, implement and support Enterprise
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting user/systems.
- Setup monitoring and other notifications to learn of any issues
- Manage and enhance reliability and performance of supported
- Install, configure and on-going administration of
- Follow IT practices and procedures for application support and
- Design and configure usage reporting and recommendations based
- Design, organize and maintain online help resources for
- Program and maintain applications using procedural
- Design web or mobile applications using existing solutions and
- Report and work with vendors on selecting existing solutions to
- Maintain and enhance vendor and existing Web and Mobile
- Develop scope, propose design, and other documents for
- Develop application technical and user documentation.
- Provide training and workshops, as needed.
- Plan, coordinate and upgrade web and mobile applications to
meet the goals of IT and SJSU.
- Knowledge of Mobile application frameworks, development and
- Knowledge of web and mobile application design and operation;
including information architecture, web standards, browser/platform
compatibility, site maintenance, and database design.
- Knowledge of web and mobile application tools, preferably Modo
Labs and Appsian.
- Knowledge of communication and collaboration tools such as
Comm100 and Marketo.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and web/mobile application software
stack, including Linux, Apache, and similar software and
or equivalent languages desired.
- Knowledge in either/both C# and Java desired.
- Knowledge of Portal or App Store solutions including setup,
administration and configuration.
- Skilled in iSupport use, processes and fields.
- Knowledge of IT processes includes ITIL Support Operations
including Incident Management, Change and Problem Management,
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication
- Ability to learn IT requirements and solutions, and apply a
variety of state, federal, CSU and SJSU policies and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle
sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or
business, or equivalent training and applied experience
- Three years of experience in business applications analysis,
design, and programming for medium or large scale, multi-programmed
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
- 3 plus years in IT support or development
- 3 plus years web or mobile application support
- 3 plus years with implementing web or mobile application
Classification: Analyst Programmer-Career
Salary Range: $4,372/month - $10,792/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits
package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more
information on programs available, please see the
Employee Benefits Summary
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application
and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period:
August 27, 2021 through September 12, 2021
. This position
is open until filled; however, applications received after
screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal
records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a
contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may
be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying
information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly
withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily
complete the background check may affect the continued employment
of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment
and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor
vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks
are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate
Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU
will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of
required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS.
(e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated
reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in
CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to
nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship
status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, national origin,
race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation,
transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable
federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students,
faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the
Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state
laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education
programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off
August 27, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight