Assistant Librarian for Systems & Technology
Assistant Librarian for Systems & Technology
Texas A&M International University
Proposed Minimum Salary
A fixed-term, non-tenure-track faculty position, the Assistant
Librarian for Systems & Technology will create content for and
maintain the library's website. The Assistant Librarian for Systems
& Technology will provide support for library systems and
leadership in the implementation of new and emerging technologies
within the library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, evaluate, recommend, test, and implement new
- Plan, develop, troubleshoot, and coordinate digital tools,
software, and other library technology.
- Develop strategies for collaboration, program planning, and
support for interdisciplinary digital projects and
- Maintain and update OpenAthens to ensure off-campus access to
- Serve as system administrator for the integrated library
- Maintain various library services platforms.
- Provide systems support for all library systems, software, and
- Create content for and maintain the library's website.
- Maintain knowledge of, and engage in, continuous professional
development to keep up with trends in emerging technologies,
digital tools, and software solutions.
- Serve as a liaison to the Office of Information
- Participate in special projects and serve on committees
relating to the library, the University, and consortia.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education - Master's degree in Library Science or equivalent
degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Evidence of professional librarian experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of information technology
principles, processes, systems, and standards, including operating
systems, systems security, wireless networking, digital
initiatives, and emerging web technologies.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Two years of related experience.
- Experience leading projects or implementing new technologies,
preferably in an academic library environment.
- Experience with ILS systems, such as Alma/Primo VE.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining websites using HTML,
systems (e.g. Cascade or similar).
- Demonstrated experience administering and/or implementing a
library services platform
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Technology trends, standards, information technology best
practices, and issues in academic libraries
- Plan, organize, and manage responsibilities.
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Communicate and interact effectively, orally, and in writing,
with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends. By Texas
A&M University System policy, the initial appointment is up to
three years and is renewable thereafter for up to five years for
each appointment extension. This position requires an on-campus
presence for a full 40-hours a week, and the work schedule will
vary, as deemed necessary by the Director of Killam Library.
Review of applications will begin October 2, 2023. The application
will remain open until the position is filled.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application
process, you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents, and submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files.
Be sure to include:
- Cover letter
- At least 3 current professional references and their full
- Unofficial Transcripts
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Assistant-Librarian-for-Systems---Technology_R-065445