FITNESS ROOM ATTENDANT/TRAINING - PART TIME
The Fitness Room Attendant/Trainer (PT) is under the general
supervision of the Athletics Department. The Fitness Room
Attendant/Trainer instructs in exercise activities and on proper
equipment usage, monitors sports equipment usage by fitness center
visitors following established rules.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes fitness center visitors to the facility, explains
programs, activities and rules, and monitors exercisers as they are
working out to ensure safety and proper equipment usage.
- Shows new users how to use equipment in one-on-one or group
- Responds to equipment users questions in the safe setup,
operation, and dismantling of equipment.
- Maintains safe and clean facilities, ensuring that equipment is
sanitized on a daily basis.
- Performs testing and usability checks on all fitness equipment
and monitors for broken parts.
- Reports problems immediately. If necessary, will place signs on
machines so exercisers do not use the machine while it is
- Initiates requests and obtains approval for all equipment
repairs, replacement or disposal.
- Assists with making arrangements for transport and storage of
equipment during a relocation of equipment used during recreational
events, classes, competitive training, and competitive meets.
- Fills out incident report forms after accidents or injuries
related to equipment use or mishandling.
- Wears appropriate uniform, attire, and protective gear, if
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Completion of a high school diploma or GED required.
- Must have current certifications for CPR, AED and First
- Must be in good physical condition possessing adequate body
strength to handle equipment.
- Prior experience with and proficient use of various types of
sports equipment, weights, training materials preferred.
- Multilingual skills a plus, but not required.
- Flexibility to work outside normal college business hours,
weekends, or holidays.
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work hours
as needed for scheduled college events.