A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
(ATSU-SOMA) seeks applications for non-exempt Standardized Patients
(SPs) to work at the San Ysidro Health Center in San Diego,
California. A Standardized Patient is an individual who accurately
and consistently portrays a medical patient with various affects
and complaints and will participate in simulated office visits
where medical students ask medical history questions and/or conduct
basic, non-invasive physical exams. They will work closely with
various Patient Proctors who will mentor and evaluate their
performance and progress. Memorization of patient scripts and
participation in Zoom trainings may be required prior to the
scheduled encounter events.
There is no guarantee of work or hours.
The pay rate for this position is $22.00 per hour.
Ability to repeatedly bend, twist and stretch as well as freely and
quickly move on and off an exam table without assistance and the
ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Access to and ability to use reliable technology is
- Must be highly dependable, punctual and flexible with
- Must work well with others and display a professional attitude
and appearance at all times.
- Must be willing to wear a patient gown with only undergarments
underneath, and at times the gown will be removed to allow for the
- Must be willing to be videotaped during simulations.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and will report to
the ATSU Community Health Center where hired for their SP