A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking an exempt Dental Hygienist -
Instructor at the St. Louis Dental Center. The position reports to
the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations and Community
Partnerships and the SCU Director. The Dental Hygienist directly
supervises dental students who are performing non-surgical
periodontal procedures, is involved in the direct supervision and
instruction of dental students in the techniques of non-surgical
periodontal procedures, provides clinical hygiene services with
direct patient periodontal maintenance and prevention as needed,
and facilitates the clinical Quality Assurance program.
Major Job Duties
- Participate in instruction and grading of non-surgical
- Participate in instruction and grading of clinical experiences,
related to dental hygiene.
- Participate in faculty calibration meetings and professional
- Contribute to the clinical program as directed by the Vice Dean
of Clinical Education, Operations and Community Partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dental hygiene degree or an associate degree in dental hygiene
with a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Knowledge of periodontal anatomy and physiology, parameters for
periodontal surgical referral
- Experience in designing and implementing NSPT Programs
- Current Missouri Dental Hygiene licensure/Local Anesthesia
Certification and Nitrous Analgesia Certification required or the
ability to obtain a Missouri Dental Hygiene license and
- Current AHA CPR BLS or equivalent training approved by MO
- Highly skilled in dental hygiene
- Objectivity is a must in grading competency-based
- Team oriented
- Ability to remain calm and defuse situations
- Attention to detail