The Department of Art in the College of Arts and Sciences at
American University invites applications for adjunct faculty to
teach courses in Digital Photography or Video Art in our
undergraduate studio art program. The ideal candidate will have
experience teaching at the college level, with a focus on digital
media and contemporary art practices. The successful candidate will
be responsible for developing and delivering course material,
assessing student progress, and fostering an engaging and
supportive classroom environment.
- Teach one or more courses in Digital Photography or Video Art
at the undergraduate level.
- Develop and deliver course content in accordance with the
course syllabus and program learning outcomes.
- Engage students in active and collaborative learning
activities, both in the classroom and online.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on student work,
including critiques and assessments.
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive classroom environment that
supports the diverse learning needs of all students.
- Collaborate with other faculty members and program directors to
ensure that courses are aligned with program goals and
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current trends and best
practices in Digital Photography or Video Art.
- MFA or related advanced degree.
- Demonstrated experience teaching Digital Photography or Video
Art at the college level.
- Knowledge of contemporary art practices and critical
- Ability to teach courses in both technical and conceptual
aspects of Digital Photography or Video Art.
- Experience working with a diverse range of students and
promoting inclusivity in the classroom.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, sample syllabus,
and contact information for three professional references to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal
appearance, gender identity and expression, family
responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran
status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases
under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its
programs and activities.
American University is a tobacco and smoke free campus. Hiring
offers for this position are contingent on the successful
completion of a background check.