Home Org Name
VP for Research
VP for Research and Economic Dev
Director, ERA and Research Analytics
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
The Office of the Senior
Vice President for Research at Auburn University seeks
candidates for a Director of ERA and Research Analytics.
individual will support, configure, enhance and maintain the
University’s campus-wide Cloud-based software solution for
sponsored programs and research compliance. The Director will
direct operations of the ERA unit within the Office of the Senior
Vice President for Research, managing ERA business processes,
providing metrics and research analytics for use by the SVPR and
other institutional leaders, and supporting the ERA needs of other
offices within the research enterprise.
Why Should YOU
Choose Auburn University?
It’s a Lifestyle:
- Auburn University was named a “Best in Alabama” employer by
Forbes! Our employee longevity speaks for itself, with
employees staying an average of ten years.
- Competitive state benefits including retirement plan
vesting at 10 years of service, generous leave accrual, and
parental leave opportunity.
- Auburn University tuition assistance for yourself and your
dependents. Employees can take 15 hours of classes for free,
and dependents receive a 50% tuition waiver.
The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right
out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel,
perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and
driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the
exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area
boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re
proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning
restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town.
You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains
in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or
Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If
you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s
time to come home!
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion
learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion
- Responsible for recommending and implementing new
administrative concepts, systems, technologies, and programs
designed to benefit the sponsored projects administration and
compliance activities of the University, with specific emphasis on
campus-wide Electronic Research Administration systems. Develops
process efficiencies amongst the SVPRED units.
- Reviews, analyzes, evaluates and recommends enhancements to
meet strategic goals; compiles data pertaining to the effectiveness
and efficiencies of internal processes.
- Assures quality and validity of data, manages system users,
develops training documentation and provides user support and
- Provides data analysis and reporting as requested including the
annual HERD Survey and GSS reports submitted to the National
Sciences Foundation. Develops and produces high level/complex
reports utilizing multiple systems and software; provides
recommendations to improve reporting requests and processes and
trains staff on effective metrics and analytics reporting.
- Related to the implementation and ongoing management of the ERA
system, leads in the analysis of business user needs, documentation
of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement
specifications. Responsible for requirements planning and
- Responsible for project capacities including, but not limited
to, requirements, functional design, functional configuration,
interfacing with Quality Assurance to complete testing, and
documentation. Reviews documentation created by Business Analysts
and Associate Business Analysts.
- Works with outside vendors, senior college and OIT leadership,
governance committees, research personnel, faculty, campus IT
staff, and others across campus serving as the data subject matter
expert to ensure smooth transactions, deployment and operational
- Administers the operations of the ERA unit and supervises the
data quality staff in the unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in no specific discipline
- 8 years of experience in research administration or
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of data analytics, database development,
implementation, training and report generation. Good communication
skills for teaching in small groups or counseling users through
virtual meetings or in person is a desired quality.
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Experience with computer software configurations and a robust
understanding of the use of computing technology and software as
well as competence in the use of MS Excel is preferred.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Research
Admin, Higher Ed Admin or Graduate certificate in MIS is preferred
with 5 years experience.
- CRA (Research Administrators Certification Council) is
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited
- Will obtain within 6 months
- * Do you have 8 years of experience in research administration