Monitors activity on the college property and enforces the safety
policies of the College within the guidelines of College and
departmental policies and procedures. Reports to the Sergeant or
other designated person and works with co-workers, faculty, staff,
students, visitors, and guests to provide a safe working
environment for any and all people on campus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors activity on the college property and enforces the
safety policies of the College.
- Patrol buildings and grounds of the campus, by golf cart,
bicycle, or on foot, on a continuous, daily basis to identify and
assess situations that may impact the safety and security of the
- Cites parking violations and helps with traffic control for
- Maintains physical security by locking/unlocking buildings,
checking buildings periodically for any safety concerns, and
turning on and off lights.
- Assists stranded motorists.
- Escorting individuals from buildings to and from their
- Providing security services for special events, such as gate
control, crowd control, parking control, locking and unlocking
rooms for meetings, etc.
- Answer visitor requests for information on events, location,
and individual whereabouts.
High School diploma or GED, trade school, or
equivalent level of education.
Minimum of 6 months work experience with other
employers, plus 1 month training time at ASC.
- Familiarity with College and departmental policies and
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Possess or have ability to obtain a valid state
operator/driver's license for the type vehicle or equipment
- Irregular work hours and on-call hours are required.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking,
lifting of light and heavy objects, and using tools and equipment
that require a high degree of manual dexterity. Work is performed
in an office, automobile, and field sites with potential exposure
to noise, diseases, chemicals, and inclement weather. Must be able
to defend oneself in the event of a physical attack.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled. Due to the
overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable
to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity
and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law
in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to
diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to
Health & Safety Measures
All persons hired by Agnes Scott College must submit proof of
COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting employment unless they have
been granted an exemption based upon a medical or religious