Hours per week:
Weeks per year:
Monday through Friday (occasional nights and
$47,000 - $50,000
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Career Development Center at Mount Holyoke College fosters
lives of intent and purpose through career curiosity, confidence,
and knowledge. We support students with all aspects of career
development, including exploring their interests, refining career
paths, building relevant skills and connections, and gaining
practical experiences. In addition to advising, resources,
workshops, and jobs and internships, we facilitate connections
between students and employers, alums, and other professionals to
create opportunities to engage and build networks.
This full-time, 12-month position works closely with other Career
Development Center’s External Relations team members to manage
comprehensive employer and alum engagement efforts. The Senior
Associate Director of External Relations supervises the
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Sr. Associate Director, External
Relations, the AD will facilitate the management of the Mount
Holyoke College on-campus recruiting program, including:
Employer Engagement Management (70%) :
- Lead the coordination of employer events, ensuring they are
effectively executed to focus on high-quality service,
student-centered, and exceptional customer services to on and
- Create promotional materials and advertising for employer and
graduate school information sessions and events.
- Advise employers on building opportunities eligible for
approval on Handshake or equivalent career management
- Help manage employer relations and external partnerships while
maintaining and strengthening internship and job partnerships for
- Provide regular follow-up with employers regarding their posted
- Works closely with the Senior Associate Director of External
Relations to develop external partner guidelines and policies
around engagement with Mount Holyoke College students.
- Provide expertise in Handshake or equivalent career management
platform and make recommendations for optimal use of the platform
to employers, campus stakeholders, and Career Development Center
- Manage the approval of all job postings and employer account
requests using the online recruiting platform.
- Stay abreast of recruiting & industry trends and provide
training to Career Development Center staff and campus stakeholders
on emerging hiring opportunities for students and recent
- Leverage the on-campus recruitment system to
survey/analyze/report employer needs, develop annual reports, &
promote services to employers.
Student and Stakeholder Engagement (30%) :
- Hire, train, and supervise external relations student
- Serve and participate on campus, community, and professional
- Guide students on their professional development and educate
them on employer legitimacy.
- Actively recruit qualified students and recent graduates for
priority internship and employment opportunities.
- Act as a liaison between employers and external partners with
campus partners. Other duties may be assigned.
This regular, 12-month position reports to the Senior Associate
Director of External Relations and works closely with all CDC staff
members. Occasional evening and/or weekend work is required. Remote
work hours may be permitted for tasks that are independent in
nature. Increased opportunities for remote work are typically
available during January and summer break periods. Hybrid work
agreements are made at the discretion of the Executive
We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color
(BIPOC) candidates to apply and consider joining our Mount Holyoke
• A bachelor’s degree or a comparable level of experience in a
• Ability to translate needs and concepts into programmatic actions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, customer focus,
and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated skills in managing events, program management, and
• Experience with staff training, supervision, and evaluation
• Professional demeanor when interacting with internal and external
constituents, including employers, students, alums, staff, faculty,
• Technical proficiency including Excel/mail merge/databases
• Experience working with CRM tools and data management systems;
knowledge of Handshake is a plus.
• Commitment to principles of community and diversity and the
ability and desire to effectively and consistently relate to a
diverse student population
• Ability to handle confidential information professionally.
• 1 to 2 years of experience in career services, talent
acquisition, sales, or marketing
• Proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and
• Fast learner with strong organizational and time management
• Demonstrated strategic and innovative approach to
• A demonstrated interest in liberal arts issues and an
appreciation for the value of a liberal arts education
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff,
and external employer partners
• Data management skills, including at least intermediate MS Excel
competency and ability to learn new routines or applications.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure
environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all
its students, faculty, staff, and associated with them to carry out
its mission successfully. The College will conduct appropriate
background checks for all new hires as a condition of employment.
Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the
office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI,
Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized
in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and
Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating
background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
A cover letter summarizing interests and
A complete resume or curriculum vitae
Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse.
The College is committed to providing all employees and students
equal access and opportunity in employment and education. In
compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does
not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, genetic
information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age,
physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or
military status, or any other legally protected status under
federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate
based on gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity
31 Aug 2023 Eastern Daylight Time