Pharmacy Clinic Support (Temporary)
The mission of the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy (the School)
is to prepare students for lifelong success in health careers by
providing an excellent, student-centered learning environment. We
aspire to develop leadership skills in our students and a strong
commitment to their professions, to interprofessional
collaboration, and to society. These efforts are assisted by
linkages across the University of the Pacific (the University)
professional and liberal arts programs. We support outstanding
professional and graduate teaching, research and other scholarly
activity, and services as a means of achieving our mission.
Our Patient Care Clinics at the School aim to provide students with
experiential learning opportunities while providing high quality
services to the community. This position will provide
administrative support to the Patient Care Clinics.
- Assist with billing of medications/services.
- Perform verification of medications lists.
- Assist with creation of patient profiles.
- Perform vaccine registry entry, data verification and
- Perform administrative work to support Clinic initiatives.
- Perform other related assigned responsibilities as determined
by the Clinic Director.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritizes policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and
- Two (2) years of post-high school education.
- One (1) year of related experience.
- Familiarity with billing medications and/or medical
- Pharmacy technician license.
- Proficiency in the use of computer office software including
word-processing, spreadsheet applications and mail merge
- Proficient in data entry (e.g., Excel).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fluency in another language.
- Strong ability and willingness to establish and maintain
successful working relationships with students, staff, faculty,
administrators, and external partners.
- Able to reconcile medication lists when calling
- Understanding appropriate billing codes for rendered
- Ability to follow HIPAA and FERPA guidelines.
- Ability to navigate web-based tools/applications.
- Able to effectively organize projects.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create tracking tools and help manage data.
- Ability to work both independently and in a group
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage complex processes and procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize effectively, follow
through and meet deadlines while providing excellent service.
- Attention to detail, integrity and ability to work with limited
supervision on occasion.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in normal office setting. May be requested to attend
off-site events during the Medicare enrollment season. Part-time,
flexible schedule, Monday through Friday. May be requested to work
weekends on an occasional basis.
Must have own reliable transportation.
$23.00 - $25.00 per hour. We consider factors
such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the
position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as
market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26396
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical