Staff - Head Mens and Womens Swimming and Diving Coach
Susquehanna University is the future-ready institution for today,
invested in cultivating intellectual grounding, active learning and
global citizenship for all students. Renowned as one of the finest
U.S. national liberal arts colleges, Susquehanna inspires and
challenges 2,200 enterprising, bright-minded students studying the
arts, business, humanities and sciences. Our students seize
opportunities through exceptional worldwide internships,
expert-guided research and an acclaimed study-abroad program,
leading to a transformative education that empowers each graduate
to realize their unique potential and lead a successful and
meaningful life. The Susquehanna River Valley with its fresh air
and overall pleasant year-round climate, provides four distinct
seasons amidst a backdrop of vibrant autumn foliage, occasional
winter snowfalls, flower-filled springs and warm summer evenings
illuminated by fireflies. Nearby outdoor recreational areas for
hiking, kayaking, fishing and skiing — and the bustling cultural
and commerce hubs of New York City, Washington D.C., Baltimore and
Philadelphia within a three-hour drive — present abundant
opportunities for learning and discovery.
The Head Men's & Women's Swimming
and Diving Coach reports to the Director of Athletics. The primary
task is to oversee, organize, recruit and develop successful
Swimming & Diving programs in concert with the academic mission
of the university. This position will also be responsible to
fulfill a secondary administrative duty. This position is defined
as an exempt position under FLSA regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Serve as the head coach of the swimming & diving
- Supervise the Coordinator of Aquatics Provide oversight of
all operations and programming in the Natatorium.
- Recruit quality student-athletes for the swimming & diving
- Develop and conduct organized practices.
- Develop a schedule that includes representative and competitive
- Counsel student-athletes in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and ethical behavior at all
- Adhere to all NCAA and conference rules and bylaws.
- Fulfill a secondary administrative duty as assigned.
- Develop positive rapport with athletics staff, as well as SU
- Coordinate fundraising opportunities for the swimming
- Develop and maintain sport budge
- Excellent knowledge of swimming and good swimming ability.
- Able to operate various swimming pool mechanical and chemical
- Patience and good people skills.
- Flexibility to meet changing demands.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivate, confident, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Must have, or
obtain, certification in PA as pesticide applicator (core
certification and category 24 - swimming pools).
Minimum of 3-5 years swim coaching
- This position requires a valid driver’s license, the ability to
drive and qualify under the university’s insurance carrier when
driving a university and/or leased vehicle. CPR, AED and First Aid
certification is preferred.
- This role is identified as one that includes significant
interaction with students and/or campus activities, and/or has
oversight for disciplinary procedures. Therefore, you are
considered a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and required to report
any Clery Act crime disclosed to you and remain compliant with
annual CSA training requirements.
Must have the energy and enthusiasm
and mobility to actively coach the sport. Position requires the
ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Position
requires the ability to move about the campus. Position requires
frequent lifting, stooping, crouching, bending and ability to lift
up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion. Working conditions are indoors
and outdoors where it may be noisy, sometime hot, distracting and
Master’s Degree preferred
Swim coaching preferably at the college level.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Number of Months:
Other Number of Months:
Work Schedule/Hours per Week:
Open Until Filled:
Anticipated Start Date:
To apply, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/3544