Postdoctoral Research Associate, Digital Government
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of approximately 17,000 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Center for Technology in Government at the University at Albany, State University of New York (CTG UAlbany) is hiring one postdoctoral research associate for a one-year period starting on or before October 15, 2023.
The position is 12 months with the possibility of renewal dependent on success, progress, and availability of future funding. CTG UAlbany invites applications from emergent researchers with an interest in the fields of public administration and digital government, broadly defined. The annual salary of the position is $60,000.00 USD. The postdoctoral research associate will be selected based on her/his qualifications and how s/he can contribute to CTG UAlbany's research agenda. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Participate in the design and execution of field research.
- Coordinate project activities and administrative tasks.
- Evaluate research design alternatives.
- Conduct literature reviews, data collection, and data analysis.
- Present and report research results both internally and at academic conferences.
- Participate in academic and other publications.
- Supervise research assistants.
- Maintain the integrity of data resources.
- PhD degree, preferably in public administration, public policy, and/or digital government. Other related PhDs within the social sciences will be considered. The successful candidate should have received their PhD by the time of appointment.
- Experience in preparing research proposals and managing research projects.
- Experience in research projects using socio-technical views and rigorous research designs (with demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative social science research methods).
- Topics of interest include but are not limited to: information policy and management, government IT and public value, information sharing, smart cities, open government, artificial intelligence, mobile government, and the digital divide.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and belonging relative to their role
- A second language, preferably Spanish.
- Experience co-authoring articles and papers in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Experience in government settings and/or involving information technology use.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Postdoctoral Associate, SL1
Special Note: This position is eligible for telecommuting up to 50% based on the current State University of New York telecommuting policy
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to NYS Labor Law 194-A, no State entity, as defined by the Law, is permitted to rely on, orally or in writing seek, request, or require in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current wage, or salary history as a condition to be interviewed, or as a condition of continuing to be considered for an offer of employment, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation, and for the purpose of verifying information, may such requests be made. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=166789
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest including research interests
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
Closing date for receipt of applications: October 1, 2023