The compensation for this appointment will range from $18.00 to
$23.00 hourly and reflects what California Baptist University
reasonably expects to pay for this staff appointment. Actual
compensation may vary based on the qualifications and experience of
the applicant, as well as market conditions. In addition to wages,
CBU offers a robust suite of employee
Position Summary Information
To provide support to the Career Center and its staff at California
Baptist University by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as receptionist for the Department.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the staff of
the Career Center.
- Manages budget for the Career Center with regards to all
on-campus events (including fairs, employer presentations, employer
booths etc.) and ensures payments are collected and processed
accurately and timely.
- Manages supervisor’s calendar and independently schedules
- Prepares and documents requisitions and department P.O.’s for
Director’s signature and appropriately disseminates to
- Directs incoming calls and correspondence and responds
independently when possible.
- Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and
other complex documents.
- Receives and distributes incoming and outgoing mail in a timely
manner, including emails and faxes.
- Maintains confidential records of keys, access codes, credit
cards and issues same.
- Assists the Director on specific projects related to the
long-term goals of the university, such as strategic planning,
fiscal responsibility, and the like.
- Organizes and maintains filing system, file correspondence and
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment
maintenance as needed.
- Assists in employer relations, communication, invoicing, and
assistance as needed.
- Coordinates and implements Career Center events between
employers and Career Center for all on campus events and
presentations including coordination of all details
(correspondence, layout, scheduling, and needed materials).
- Coordinates workshop details and aspects, including layout,
schedule, advertisements, correspondence, and additional
- Manages Online Career Services Management System, including
employer and student registrations for events via Handshake and
tracks event payments.
- Creates, monitors, updates and reports on department metrics
and action items for each staff meeting.
- Assists students, alumni, and faculty in the use of
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Education and/or Experience
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic;
general office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties
of the position.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control
procedures and documentation. Ability to interpret, adapt, and
apply guidelines and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE : Associate’s degree (A. A.) or
equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months
to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; sit; and requires sufficient hand, arm,
and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard, or other office
equipment. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and
speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or
over the phone. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 15 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate. Work normally performed
in a typical interior/office work environment, with minimal
exposure to health or safety hazards.
CBU EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT : Nothing in this job description
restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions
of CBU’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are
subject to California Baptist University’s Employee Handbook.
UNDERSTANDING OF JOB DESCRIPTION : This job description supersedes
all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general
content and essential requirements for the position listed. It is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements,
duties, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add
or change the duties of this position as required at any
Posting Detail Information
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2