Assist with coordinating and marketing department productions and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the Departments of Art & Art History, and Music,
Theatre & Dance as follows:
Department Events Coordination
- Oversee scheduling of studio, rehearsal, and visiting artists
workshop spaces, including receiving and responding to requests for
space from offices across campus.
- Supporting departmental lectures (advertising, promotion,
honorarium payment, reserving spaces, etc.).
- Post weekly rehearsal schedules and schedule of classes in art
- Coordinate audition sign-ups, communicate audition
expectations, post cast and company lists.
- Coordinate Studio Art Freshmen Review sign-up, Studio Art
Junior Review with SRYou Day Events, and Senior Studio Art Honors
Thesis and Senior Studio Art Juried shows marketing and event
- Schedule all department performances and rehearsals on
- Secure rights for music and theatre scripts used in department
- Purchase and/or rent music, scripts, etc. for each
- Assistance with loan agreements and related correspondence
necessary for borrowing artworks for exhibits.
- Put all department performances, exhibitions, lectures, and
events on the Salve Events calendar, and communicate necessary
information (performance times, locations, ticket information,
etc.) to appropriate offices on campus.
- Set up ticketing for each event on Localist and oversee ticket
sales on the platform and also by phone. Staff box office for each
event with work study students.
- Assist with marketing for each department event, including
website updates and social media requests.
- Secure photographer and videographer for department productions
- Organization and ordering for department receptions and events,
including food and refreshment orders, pick-ups, and related
- Distribute photographs and video footage to appropriate
faculty, guest artists, and students, and load videos to YouTube
channel as directed.
- Work with Design Services on posters, postcards, and programs
for each exhibition, visiting artist lecture/workshop, and
production. Assist with gathering necessary information,
proofreading and photocopying for event programs and gallery press
- Help to promote, market, and sell departmental
- Pick up posters, postcards, and programs from the Copy Center
and distribute them around Newport, across campus, and deliver to
- General support of programming and information distribution
both on campus and in the community, including the maintenance of
- Write press releases and share them with appropriate offices
for each department event.
- Plan and manage ticketing, transportation, etc. for cultural
and educational travel events and departmental excursions.
- Secure locations, catering, and internal advertising for
student-centered community building events such as fall Meet &
- Work with departments in support of achieving departmental
goals and initiatives.
- Set up the database for high schools and private sector
performing arts programs (including dance studios).
- Answer requests for information from prospective students and
work with Admissions to coordinate auditions and recruitment
events. This includes preparing logistics for faculty, supervising
work study students that support the audition efforts and ensuring
parents are informed and their questions are answered.
- Report audition results to Salve Admissions.
- Escort potential students and parents through our facilities
and answer questions about the programs - highlighting the
advantages of being a Salve student.
- Secure student support for department representation at
- Support Studio Art faculty attending National Portfolio Day
recruiting events. Assist in arranging transportation, travel,
distributing recruitment materials to faculty. Support any
reimbursement needs post-travel.
- Responsible for all guest artists and guest residency
contracts. Create, send, and make sure all paperwork is
- Make flight reservations, hotel reservations, and ground
transportation for guests.
- Oversee contracts needed for rental costumes and/or sets. See
to their preparation and post to the appropriate vendor for
- Write contracts for guest artists, including: directors,
accompanists, restagers, master classes, and choreographers for the
fall and spring academic year.
- Process check requests for guest artists and faculty
- A high school diploma or GED is required with at least two
years of previous secretarial experience.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software and database and
institutional network systems.
- Must possess good oral and written communication, interpersonal
and organizational skills, managing a variety of tasks efficiently
and in a timely manner across a diverse University community.
- Must have the ability to learn other computer software
- Previous experience in an educational setting preferred.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
employees including (waiting periods apply):
- health, dental and vision coverage available on the first of
the month following date of hire
- 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA with employee and employer
contributions as well as access to advising services
- long-term disability coverage
- employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- up to 100% free tuition at Salve for eligible employees and
- robust wellness program and free access to the on-campus
Other available benefits include:
- supplemental life insurance for employees and dependents
- supplemental insurance coverage through Aflac
- Tuition Exchange scholarship program. Application available for
qualified dependents of eligible employees working full-time
- discounted pet insurance through ASPCA
- student loan forgiveness assistance program (SAVI)
- discounted auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual
- employee Assistance Program through Coastline EAP
- flexible spending health and dependent care accounts
- health savings accounts
- 529 collegebound saver program
For more detailed information on Salve's benefits, visit https://salve.edu/human-resources/benefits
Salve Regina University strives to cultivate belonging values
through diversity, equity inclusion in order to foster a welcoming
culture for our staff, faculty and students, as well as the wider
community. Salve Regina University embraces all people with grace.
No matter the path traveled to get here, the University
acknowledges that many identities will intersect. Salve Regina
belongs to all in its community.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.