Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth
largest of North Carolina Community College System's 58
institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings,
we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are
students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide
equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all
backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender,
race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of
inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers
employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our
institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our
new library circulation technician. The Library provides services
to faculty, staff, students, and GTCC community members. The
circulation technician works at the service desk assisting patrons
with circulation, basic reference, and technology questions. The
circulation technician assists the librarians, and helps to
maintain a safe, secure, and positive library environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as
well as a willingness to work cooperatively.
- Associate's degree from a regionally accredited postsecondary
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited
- One year of experience working in a library in either a public
services or technical services environment.
- Greater than one year of experience working in a library in
either a public services or technical services environment.
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Experience using a library management system, such as OCLC
- Experience using a student information system, such as Datatel
Colleague and Canvas.