Make a difference at one of Florida’s premier institutions for
education in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Florida Polytechnic University, ranked the No. 1 public college in
the region by U.S. News and World Report, offers a unique working
environment that encourages faculty and staff to be part of a
culture that prizes collaboration, innovation, and the willingness
to go above and beyond to ensure our students and University
succeed. Florida Poly offers a small campus academic environment
where students form connections with their faculty and peers as
they pursue high-value degrees in engineering and applied
The University is equipped with cutting-edge facilities and
equipment and two award-winning, architecturally distinct academic
buildings. Its evolving curriculum, designed to meet the needs of
industry and provide a life-long educational foundation for
students, has helped the institution grow in prominence since its
opening in 2014. Florida Poly’s deliberately small classes,
affordability, and outstanding graduate outcomes have helped it
such as being named a top value school,
in the top 25 nationally for affordability, and in the top five
best universities in the South for tech students. Accredited by
ABET and SACSCOC, Florida Poly is educating some of the brightest
minds in Florida and attracting standout talent from across the
Director of Admissions
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the
Director of Admissions is the chief administrator of the Office of
Undergraduate Admissions. The Director is responsible for workflow
management, supervising staff, coordination of application review,
coordination and implementation of comprehensive marketing and
recruitment plan, and assistance with development and
implementation of other strategies and policies that support the
University’s enrollment goals. Collaborates with other University
administrators, faculty, and staff. Coordinating with the Vice
Provost for Enrollment Management, works to manage vendor
relationships. Works to provide the highest level of customer
service in all areas. Interprets university admissions policies and
procedures and state legislation. Knowledge of transfer recruitment
and transfer credit process. Prepares and analyzes reports related
to all stages of the admission funnel. The Director also must be
able to organize a variety of tasks at one time, forecast upcoming
needs and plan accordingly and have strong time management skills.
Experience within the Florida SUS system a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Develop, direct, and provide significant supervisory oversight
of Admissions staff.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and execution of a
strategic recruitment plan that supports the University’s
enrollment goals and reaches student populations, admissions, and
- Interpret and implement university and state policies and
procedures in all areas, especially as relates to admission and
- Coordinate admission application review process.
- Coordination and implementation of comprehensive marketing and
- Collaborate with faculty, administration, and staff university
- Prepare and analyze reports related to all stages of the
- Coordinate with the Vice Provost to manage external
- Strong foundational knowledge of admission and enrollment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with SUS admissions
policies and FTE.
- Working knowledge of FAFSA and financial aid application
- Knowledge and use of an admissions CRM and university SIS.
- Knowledge of technologies and programs used in recruitment and
marketing in admission.
- Knowledge of transfer application and transfer credit
- Exceptional oral and written communication and analytical and
interpersonal skills. Excellent writing skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and motivate the admission staff.
- Ability to travel overnight and work evenings and weekends as
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and
5 years of direct admission experience with increasing levels of
- In lieu of a degree, any appropriate combination of relevant
education, experience, and/or certifications may be
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Master’s degree in higher education or related field, and 7
years of direct admission experience with increasing levels of
- Supervisory experience.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may
include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy
This position is salary exempt. The
normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.;
however, travel is a required component of this position .
TARGET HIRING SALARY
: $80,000 - $90,000, commensurate with
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE
: The position is open until
filled; however, the review of applications will commence
: In addition to completing the online
application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as
an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
- Cover Letter
- 3 professional references, including one current or former
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access
institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide
equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to
all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for
admission, students, and others affiliated with the University)
without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex,
religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status or genetic information.
FLORIDA POLY BENEFITS INFORMATION
Florida Poly qualified employees have the opportunity to take
advantage of a variety of health benefits
(through the State of
Florida) to help meet their specific needs, as well as the needs of
their family. This comprehensive coverage includes flexible
spending accounts, medical and life insurance, and workers
· Health benefits are administered through People First
, on behalf of the State of
Florida, as pre-tax insurance plans. People First handles all new
hire enrollments, coverage changes, premium administration, and
· Their Service Center is staffed Monday through Friday, from 8
a.m.–6 p.m. EST, at 1-866-663-4735.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING ATTACHMENTS:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be
sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before
continuing through the application.
Once your application
has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional
attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during
the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the
official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States
require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript
evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an
accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached
with the application and submitted by the application
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of
the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include
a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute