The Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science (PTRS) for the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM) has an exciting opportunity for an Clinical Education Support Specialist (Academic Services Specialist).
UMSOM PTRS is dedicated to advancing the profession of rehabilitation through high-quality research, excellence in clinical practice, and advancement in curricular design and delivery. Our faculty are nationally recognized for their extensive experience. The Specialist will perform a variety of routine professional and analytical assignments involving the practical application of management principles and techniques to operational activities in support of the Clinical Education Office, Doctor of Physical Therapy program in the PTRS department. This position is responsible for assisting in organizing and maintaining the operational functions of the department and serves as a resource for students, faculty, and staff by assisting with coordinating clinical education academic activities, and information management essential for the operation of the Clinical Education Office.
BENEFITS (Exempt Regular):
UMB offers a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes wellness, work/life balance, and professional development. This position participates in a retirement program (pension or optional retirement plan/ORP) that must be selected and is effective on your date of hire. Exempt regular staff receive a generous paid leave package that includes over 4 weeks of vacation accrued each year, 15 paid holidays, 3 personal leave, unlimited accrual of sick time, and comprehensive health insurance; professional learning and development programs; tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any University System of Maryland school; and flexible work schedules and teleworking options (if applicable per job).
UMB is Ranked Among the Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes 2022 & 2023.
This position may be eligible to telework up to 2 days per week by UMB policy.
- Maintains efficient and accurate databases that collect, analyze, monitor, and evaluate program operating policies and procedures as appropriate to the position. May assist with the design and implementation of systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
- Prepares, populates, supports, and maintains Clinical Education data via webCPI, CORE ELMS, Blackboard, and other learning management systems. Prepare data reports including various types of statistical tables, charts, graphs, and corresponding narratives. Collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for the generation of reports.
- Prepares, analyzes, and provides Clinical Education outcomes assessment data, clinical instructor data, CAPTE data, and student and student-site evaluations to the director. Performs data collection and entries. Consults with directors regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs following specific instructions.
- Coordinates clinical education internal and external events such as the annual PTRS Job Fair, CEU courses, Alumni of the Year event, and Clinical Education annual advisory meeting. Coordinates communications, marketing, registration, and completion of CEU events. Designs programs and flyers to support clinical education events. Collaborates with IT to enhance the virtual delivery of CEU courses for all clinical partners.
- Responsible for communicating all PTRS student clinical education requirement information to ensure compliance and maintaining regular and frequent communication with all PTRS students and clinical sites about clinical education requirements.
- Assists with the management of the clinical site contract process and liability insurance.
- Actively engages in clinical education internal and external communications with major stakeholders (e.g., PTRS faculty, staff, students, clinical partners, alumni, etc.) to support clinical education operations. Responsibilities include following up on communications with directors and administration, maintaining virtual and real calendars, recording meeting minutes, establishing effective communication channels, and serving as a liaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution.
- Creates online surveys (e.g., SurveyMonkey, MS Forms, Qualtrics) to prepare and collect data from sites, students, clinical instructors, etc.
- Assists with blackboard management by managing and maintaining checklist items for documents in clinical education blocks.
- Post job descriptions for PTRS clinical partners upon request that are shared on PTRS-approved social media groups.
- Provides general planning to coordinate and facilitate the day-to-day activities and events of the clinical education office in the DPT program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management or a related field is preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years of administration of a program, preferably in higher education or healthcare setting. Prior experience in data management, admissions, or program coordination is preferred.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education. Clery Act designated job as campus security authorities (CSA) member and will comply with Clery Act requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledgeable and highly proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Forms, Teams), SurveyMonkey, and Eventbrite preferred. Ability to be proficient in Blackboard, Constant Contact, Web CPI, and CORE ELMS. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and learn and adapt to existing processes, procedures, and systems. Demonstrate strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail. Ability to work independently and problem-solve with minimal supervision with skill in exercising initiative and resourcefulness. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in a professional manner, both orally and in writing with a variety of people internal and external to the organization. Ability to use statistical computer software. Excels as a team player. Willingness to manage multiple tasks at once and adhere to guidelines and deadlines. Ability to analyze statistical data and generate reports in an organized manner preferred. Highly skilled in managing large amounts of data, and related software applications preferred.
Hiring Range: $59,000 – $67,000 per year (Commensurate with education and experience).
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.