Administrative Assistant III
The Administrative Assistant III position performs administrative
support activities for the Program Manager, Director of Clinical
Education, Department Chair, the clinical instructors, and faculty
of the Department of Physical Therapy.
The functions listed are representative of duties typically
performed by this position. Staff may perform some but not all
and/or may be assigned additional duties specific to unit.
- Support the Director of Clinical Education:
- Serve as the liaison to clinical site coordinators.
- Manage clinical education database.
- Monitor deadlines and requirement compliance with contract
agreements between University and database vendors.
- Create or develop correspondence and communications with
clinical instructors and clinical sites.
- Student Support:
- Manage the student document management website and onboarding
process for all students in compliance with site-specific
- Ensure compliance with department policies and procedures for
calendars, room scheduling, and textbook orders.
- Provide Department of Physical Therapy with budget and
- Reconciles and processes Procurement Card activity and
- Manage calendars for Department of Physical Therapy, class
schedules, and book classrooms as needed.
- In coordination with Program Manager coordinate logistics for
Department of Physical Therapy events and faculty meetings which
may include catering, technical support, meeting invitations, guest
lists, and booking rooms.
- Maintain records, prepares letters and forms, special reports,
verifies information and resolves issues requiring knowledge of
Department of Physical Therapy operations. Maintain office filing
system including hardcopy system, electronic document management,
and various databases.
- Ensure confidentiality of student records and compliance with
all applicable regulations pertaining to records management,
privacy, and confidentiality.
- Schedule and/or arrange meetings, travel, lodging for
Department of Physical Therapy faculty, staff, and guests.
- Participate in staff training to continue ongoing professional
- Monitor office equipment, facilities, and duplicating services
to ensure that all are operational.
- Order supplies and request repairs of equipment and facilities
as needed or requested.
- Ability to adapt to emerging technology.
- Recommend new procedures for streamlining administrative duties
or office functions.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and
- Two (2) years of post-high school education.
- Three (3) years of experience providing high-level,
professional administrative support.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid English composition skills, and ability to create,
compose and edit letters and other materials.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and deal effectively with people
in a variety of circumstances in a calm, supportive manner.
- Capacity to multi-task, organize resources, and establish
priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work effectively with
- Ability to coordinate a variety of activities, correctly
interpret directions and work well under tight deadlines is
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with
use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and
repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and
phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending,
stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work typically performed during standard business hours and in
$18.09 - $23.96 per hour. We consider factors
such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the
position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as
market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26372
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical