The Office of Student Engagement (OSE) promotes student success and
engagement by focusing on three areas: co-curricular learning,
leadership, and student development.
The Administrative Assistant will assist in the day-to-day
operations of the Office of Student Engagement. This includes
providing customer service to visitors of the office and the Gerety
Student Center, coordinating work study schedules, assisting the 1
Director, 1 Assistant Director, 1 Coordinator and serving as a
resource to all student organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Student Engagement & LGBTQ+ Office Operations
- Assist in the daily operations of the Office of Student
Engagement, Gerety Hall Student Center, and the LGBTQ+ Center.
- Assist with the hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation
of the Student Engagement student staff.
- Maintain inventory of the Office of Student Engagement,
eSports, Orientation, and LGBTQ+ center supplies and equipment as
- Schedule student events and meetings in R25 scheduling system.
Assess event needs and coordinate facilities, catering and security
requests as required. Maintain records of all requests.
- Help co-administer our Student Engagement Platform Seahawk
Connection (Anthology/Campus Labs Product).
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of programming
- Process student organization procurement card requests.
Schedule card usage, record spending, and disseminate paperwork as
needed to appropriate offices
- Manage the Office of Student Engagement & LGBTQ+ Center
check requests, credit card request, transactions, and purchases
order for events/programming.
- Participate in university-wide yield programs and events,
including open houses, Connection Day, and other traditional
- Work major events for the Office of Student Engagement,
including Fall/Spring concerts, Fall Festival Weekend, Spring
Weekend, Orientation, and Senior Week
- Assist in office-wide assessments efforts of student engagement
- Attend weekly operations meeting on behalf of the Office of
- Participate in the logistical planning committee of
- Evening or weekend hours will be required.
Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Student
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Valid driver's license required.
The incumbent is not subject to adverse environmental
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in working with students, staff, and faculty that
identify as LGTBQ+ and allies.
- Working knowledge of student development theory and its
application in the workplace.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate student activity
- Ability to apply budgetary and fiscal planning techniques
within financial constraints.
- Strong record of student advocacy and productive and
collaborative working relationships across campus are
- Ability to support and identify the needs of diverse
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sound organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Master's degree in student personnel, higher education
administration, counseling, or a similar field preferred
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.