Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Part-time
Duration of Position:
Academic year / Part time
$65.00 per hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
stands upon the homelands of the Munsee Lenape.Vassar College is
deeply committed to increasing the diversity of the campus
community and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion,
and respect for difference. The College is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and especially welcomes applications
from veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of
racial, ethnic, and other historically underrepresented
groups.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College has an opening for a part-time, 12 hour per week,
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to assist the Health
Service team in the performance of direct patient care services for
our adolescent/young adult student population to include diagnostic
and therapeutic services with physician supervision.
Within the PA or NP Physician relationship, the mid- level
practitioner exercises autonomy in medical decision making and
services provided. This individual should have an advanced
knowledge base and skills in health promotion and maintenance,
disease prevention, physical and psychosocial assessment and
management of health and illness applicable to the care of college
students. PA/NP will manage urgent/emergent care and triage for
- Perform outpatient clinical care of acute and chronic
- Provide clinical oversight to our nursing staff.
- Perform outreach to patients who were discharged from local
emergency rooms or hospitals or were seen by the Vassar EMT.
- Order diagnostic testing and therapeutic modalities such as lab
tests, x-rays, EKG's.
- Prescribe and administer medications under
supervising/collaborating Physician's scope of practice.
- Conduct sports physicals and travel health screenings.
- Provide health counseling and education to student patients
including substance and alcohol abuse and sexual health
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant/Nurse
Practitioner Program required.
- Current Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner licensure in the
State of New York.
- BLS certification recommended.
- Must be able to function with a high level of autonomy, be
self-motivated and detail oriented and possess excellent
interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Supervisory skills a plus.
- Proficiency with computers is required and familiarity with
electronic health records is desirable.
- Three years of experience in either Family Medicine, Emergency
Medicine, Adolescent Medicine or College Health or related
To complete your online application, you will be required to attach
your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. You will also have
an option to attach your unofficial college transcript(s) and NY
State license. The selected candidate will be required to present
these documents at the time of hire. Review of applications will
begin immediately. This position will remain open until
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/3530