North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
The person hired for this position will serve in the School of
Law's Academic Success Program (ASP) as a writing specialist. The
Writing Specialist will work with the Associate Dean of Academic
Success, Director of Academic Support, Director of Bar Preparation,
and Academic Success Specialists to develop a writing skills course
to teach to law students to supplement the Academic Success
Curriculum. Once developed, the Academic Success Instructor will be
expected to teach this class once each semester. Additionally, the
Academic Success Instructor will conduct workshops and one-on-one
conferences and will actively assist students to hone legal writing
and analysis skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Masters’ degree in English.
- Previous academic success, tutoring, or teaching experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the profession.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with students, faculty, and
staff in one-on-one and in a group/classroom setting.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; attention to
detail and initiative.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Windows,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet resources, and e-mail tools.
- Ability to establish goals and maintain time lines.
- Effective analytical, organizational and leadership
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues, and problems
and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to the discipline.
- Ability to use technology as a teaching and learning tool.
- Excellent presentation ability.