Provide oversight, leadership, and direction to the Physical Plant
Department. Develop staff to perform their job responsibilities
with excellent quality and timely completion level. Model personal
professionalism, positive working relationships and a sense of
urgency in task completion to the department staff.
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy which
emphasizes free enterprise in a context of limited government and
individual responsibility. The ideal candidate will have a strong
attraction to the mission and core values of Northwood University.
Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the
University’s outcomes at www.northwood.edu/aboutus/
- Provide motivation and direction to each department supervisor
- Maintain a level of quality that is tangibly perceived by our
customers as being of the highest level
- Prepare annual department budget and manage resource toward
- Actively evaluate capital projects, including but not limited
to campus improvements and facility maintentance. Work
collaboratively across departments to develop both near and
long-term project plans and capital budgets.
- Proactively lead the planning and implementation of campus
construction projects including but not limited to contract review,
negotiation, constructing bidding, awarding of projects. Monitor
and manage construction projects.
- Collaborate with various departments in development and
implementation of Space Master Plan.
- Convey a sense of urgency to customers with regard to their
requests and needs and provide feedback on status of same
- Oversight of workflow process for work orders along with
routine and preventative maintenance
- Maintain safe working, learning and residential
- Proactively manage vendor/contractor relationships. Promptly
review invoices for completeness and accurary.
- Creation and oversight of crew schedules
- Monitor and manage energy contracts and optimize energy
- Bachelors degree or above.
- Three to five years of management experience in a related
- Experience with Maintenance Management Systems
- Project management skills
- Maintain positive relationships within the department and with
- Keep abreast of updates and innovations in the facilities
- Handle special requests in a courteous and prompt manner, and
provide needed support to our customers
- Purposefully interview and seek to gain a sense of customer
perception of our service
- Implement new processes and technologies both administratively
and in the work force as appropriate
- Communicate the sense that organized work spaces and
professionalism are important to each employee
- Maintain records to the highest standard
- Present clear and concise information usable for executive
decision making processes
- Proactively monitor weather conditions and ensure crews are
- Serve as a Campus Crisis Response Team member
- Participate in various campus leadership committees
- Engaged in collective bargaining unit