Under the general direction of the CIO, the Director of Information Security (and Information Security Officer) is responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive strategy for information security, awareness, and compliance efforts at Emporia State University.
The Director is a key member of the leadership team and is responsible for both short- and long-term planning for areas within the scope of responsibility. Additionally, the Director has responsibility for leadership of a team of individuals responsible for information security efforts as well as oversight and management of all projects with which that team is involved.
- Team Management: Manage day-to-day and long-term operations of Information Security team at ESU. Facilitate project planning and management of network, telecommunication, and security projects.
- Ensures the delivery of a suite of high-quality information security services to the University.
- Develops key performance indicators for measuring all areas of team performance. Ensure a high level of support for the campus community through the development of a service-oriented, knowledgeable team, and establishes general schedules and priorities for systems, programming, standards, communications, and other support for projects.
- Coordinate the University's information security program: Under the general direction of the CIO, coordinate the development, implementation, and maintenance of the University's information security program.
- In collaboration with the University community, assume overall responsibility for developing and maintaining the information security roadmap for ensuring the security of technology services, computer systems, data networks and data.
- Establish and maintain information security programs, including policy, practices, and standards; awareness and training; incident response and management; IT risk management; and relevant IT architecture.
- Provide Information Security Leadership: Participate in strategic planning and development of goals and objectives, with special attention to providing leadership for those related to information security. Serve as primary IT contact for information security incidents affecting the institution.
- Serve as Security Liaison: Serve as liaison to federal, state, local and professional organizations. Serve as primary contact for information security vendors and contractors. Serve as Information Security Officer of the institution.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in information security, or equivalent.
- Must be a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical staff while providing long-term strategic direction.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer- and team-oriented management.
- Knowledge and experience in project planning, implementation, and management; Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential information and to handle such information as required by federal and state law, and regulations/policies; Experience presenting complex security concepts to a variety of audiences or groups (e.g. end-user training, security conference presentations, executive-level briefings).
- Experience with evolving information security technologies and approaches.
- Willingness and ability to provide off-hours support.
- Salary:$86,000-$97,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references here.
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.