The Administrative Coordinator at Butler University Libraries
provides administrative support for the Dean of Libraries and
Library Faculty, oversees our budget, and is in charge of
facilities and operations for all library spaces.
Primary Responsibilities include
- Assisting in the development or redefinition of administrative
procedures as technologies evolve, aiming to improve efficiency in
- Handling facilities and operations needs related to Irwin
Library, and in the branch libraries as needed.
- Representing the Dean as primary point of contact for
capital/construction/renovation projects in the libraries.
- Overseeing and supporting internal HR processes, assisting in
hiring/candidate logistics, search committee support, entering
status forms, etc.
- Paying invoices, handling POs, tracking all expenditures, and
generating reports for the libraries’ operating budget.
- Supporting Library staff/faculty professional development
travel, booking logistics, tracking expenditures, and processing
- Overseeing and maintaining (as necessary) tech deployment in
the Libraries, including IT replacement cycle contact, lab
machines, printers, door counting cameras, etc.
- Serving as the main intermediary with various other campus
- Support library faculty/staff with pulling and preparing data
from library systems for presentation
- Communicating effectively with library staff/ faculty regarding
all of the above
- Other duties as assigned.
BU Benefits and Perks
- High School Diploma required
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience in
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Adobe
- Basic budget/accounting capabilities
- Ability to communicate and build/cultivate relationships with
other campus areas
- Attention to detail, and ability to organize information
Please check out Butler’s
Total Rewards website
to learn more about our benefit
offerings, that include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays :
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Health :
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including
disability and life insurance programs
- Retirement :
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time
- Tuition Assistance :
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees,
spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks :
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for
full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive
university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business,
Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy
& Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000
graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing
46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A
career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the
dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and
staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and
equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications
from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity,
sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected
August 28, 2023